HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let's play a game...

Just finshed-up an HK94 to MP5-N conversion (married to Fleming sear) and a D54P-N (shown with post-sample trigger pack). Below are (a lot) of photos so let's see if you can tell which one is which. Well, it's really not that tough to discern between the two, but humor me :)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Let's play a game...

Just finshed-up an HK94 to MP5-N conversion (married to Fleming sear) and a D54P-N (shown with post-sample trigger pack). Below are (a lot) of photos so let's see if you can tell which one is which. Well, it's really not that tough to discern between the two, but humor me :)

Dead give away... yours is too perfect/pretty :wink:

As always... Simply beautiful work... and that's why i own one. Unfortunately my damn trust name is too long :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
I love them both. Just an observation...I noticed one of the thread protectors is a little longer than the other. Two different barrel brands?

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks peeps :)

Dead give away... yours is too perfect/pretty :wink:

As always... Simply beautiful work... and that's why i own one. Unfortunately my damn trust name is too long :)
LOL, we'll make it fit. I can scale down the font, just have to make sure it's legible. I'll work on that this weekend hopefully.

FWIW, the triple frame on the D54P-N are the CNC'd U.S. made ones that Adam carries. The fit is a little bit tight (already informed the mfr) but they sure are clean looking when installed properly. Can't knock the German stuff though, I personally think it adds nostalgic character.

I love them both. Just an observation...I noticed one of the thread protectors is a little longer than the other. Two different barrel brands?
The D54P-N has an RCM 1/2 x 28 barrel where-as the MP5-N conversion has a factory German 1/2 x 32 barrel. On the D54, I trimmed back the thread protector to properly expose a little bit of the threads for proper clearance with certain 3-lug devices (as what is done on the the factory German barrels).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great post decisional reinforcement for my D54P-N :)

FWIW Joe, I like yours better than the original. When one of my friends (knowledgable about HK's) saw mine recently, he said it was the nicest MP5 type he had ever seen.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Great work Joe!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Anyone else think the F stock is kinda ugly in comparison? (First pic) Not taking away from your work though, they look amazing!

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I guessed right... Joe's work was simply too good/clean to be the original mass produced gun. That said I'd love to have one.

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Anyone else think the F stock is kinda ugly in comparison? (First pic) Not taking away from your work though, they look amazing!
I might have to agree with you on that one. Most civilians will probably never utilize the benefits of the F-stock so ultimately it does indeed boil down to asthetics. And it does indeed throw off the asthetic balance of the gun, IMO.

While I truely appreciate the kind comments, the purpose of this thread was merely to display the level of detail that I put into each and every firearm. I have found that many details and the accuracy of the details are unknown by many. So I though a side-by-side would clearly display the level of care I put into each firearm. Although it's hard to display the level of detail of the functional characteristics such as proper trunion alignment and ease of claw mount installation (although there is a video of it on my YouTube channel). However, I can assure you it is every bit as careful and detailed as everything else you see in the photos. These are the reasons each build takes approximately 20 hrs and why my wait times have grown to be in excess of 6 months.

In my opinion, the less than perfect cosmetic welds as well as some of the other cosmetic features of a genuine HK is what gives them their beauty and character. Given that they are mass produced and date back to the 60's is a testament in itself. No U.S. made roller-lock, not even the D54P series comes close, IMO. But thank you :)

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the old school A3 but Even better on Joe's D54P is wood

I like that! May I use this photo in my marketing material?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I like that! May I use this photo in my marketing material?
Sure. I made a few more stocks and handguards so I need to take more pics with a 30 round mag in the gun... it looks incomplete to me as is. Give me a few days to reshoot and you can select a few different pics to use in high rez.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.