HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new P2000sk 40 and I was wondering
if the new “enhanced” FPBS will improve the trigger pull on my new P2000sk 40?

·
Registered
719 Posts
If it does, it will be a miniscule improvement at best. I would leave it be, especially if this is your carry gun.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
It will drop the trigger pull weight. Usually around a pound off. Helps a little with the double action stacking also.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Going to try and answer some of your multiple posts here.

Yes, using the enhanced fpbs will lighten and smooth your trigger pull. You only need to knock the roll pin halfway out (use your eyeballs) which makes it much easier when reassembling. It doesn't matter which brand of punch you use, just use the proper size (get a set of them and use the largest one that fits into the hole). Turn your slide upside down and set it on a roll of tape. The roll of tape is to give you cushion and room for the roll pin to come out halfway. Take a photo of your fpb so you know which way it should face after you're done. Knock the roll pin halfway out, remove punch. You'll notice your firing pin moved a little. Push the back of the firing pin back into the slide, turn your fpb a quarter of a turn using needle nose pliers and remove fpb and spring. Replace spring and reinsert with the block. Again, push the firing pin back in and keeping it in, push down fpb and turn to lock. Still keeping the firing pin pushed in, gently tap the roll pin back into place. Seat the pin slightly under flush with the top of the slide. There will be some finessing the firing pin around while doing these steps. Don't get frustrated if you don't get it on your first try. Even with the finessing, it's a five minute job.

That said, rc51Pete and MasterJP have much more experience with spring rates and will probably correct some of my steps. It's been awhile since I did my P30sk and USP.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to try and answer some of your multiple posts here.

Yes, using the enhanced fpbs will lighten and smooth your trigger pull. You only need to knock the roll pin halfway out (use your eyeballs) which makes it much easier when reassembling. It doesn't matter which brand of punch you use, just use the proper size (get a set of them and use the largest one that fits into the hole). Turn your slide upside down and set it on a roll of tape. The roll of tape is to give you cushion and room for the roll pin to come out halfway. Take a photo of your fpb so you know which way it should face after you're done. Knock the roll pin halfway out, remove punch. You'll notice your firing pin moved a little. Push the back of the firing pin back into the slide, turn your fpb a quarter of a turn using needle nose pliers and remove fpb and spring. Replace spring and reinsert with the block. Again, push the firing pin back in and keeping it in, push down fpb and turn to lock. Still keeping the firing pin pushed in, gently tap the roll pin back into place. Seat the pin slightly under flush with the top of the slide. There will be some finessing the firing pin around while doing these steps. Don't get frustrated if you don't get it on your first try. Even with the finessing, it's a five minute job.

That said, rc51Pete and MasterJP have much more experience with spring rates and will probably correct some of my steps. It's been awhile since I did my P30sk and USP.
Would it also help to install a lighter hammer spring? I am not sure what's the weight of the stock hammer spring that is came with the current issue of the P200SK V3 40 pistols. Thanks for the great walk-through.... I am a long time USP 40 owner (25 years) but a lot of this is new to me....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Would it also help to install a lighter hammer spring?
I've never messed with the hammer springs (I use CCI 500 primers when reloading and they need a good whack to work). This is where RC51Pete and MasterJP can really help. That said, try the enhanced fpbs first then go from there.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
The hammer springs on the SK are different than the other models. For the other models the match hammer spring is around 11lbs. Wolff makes a 10lb that I have never had a problem with any type of primer ignition while using. I don’t recommend cutting springs to make them fit. I’m not sure if anyone makes one specifically for the SK models.
The GrayGuns SRS kit is worth looking at if you want to get a shorter reset & better DA pull. A match/enhanced FPBS is included with the kit.

Reactions: HelioUSP

·
Descending into HKoholism
810 Posts
There are two different FPBS - heavy and light.
  • The heavy one is simply an atrocity and it cripples the gun. Until I figured it out I hated my first HK pistol - P30v3.
  • The light is better, but it is not the end if you are a trigger snob/diva like I am. :)

Going from heavy to lighter spring knocks about a pound from the trigger pull, but same as @HelioUSP I do not remember to be honest. Could be a bit more, could be a bit less.

Going lighter than the light started with a quarter of a pound (give or take) reduction. Then an of once or so every time I go lighter.

To be honest I have never used the enhanced FPBS. I do not buy from hkparts.net on ideological grounds.

Here is why I, on my guns, want a light (but still safe) FPBS.
I absolutely LOATHE hard walls before the break. That is the worst thing for me in a trigger pull. I can take almost all other deficiencies (not talking merely in the HK world).
My preference is a bit of a rolling break, or heavier pull all the way, compared to jumping from close to zero to the great Chinese unbreakable wall.
For me, on my pistols, using a lighter than the light FPBS helps me reduce that hard wall feeling. I enjoy it better that way.

For the hammer springs, I do not know of a lighter alternative.
I have not tried to look that much, because I do not own a P2000SK, any SK for that matter.

If someone is looking for the hammer springs mentioned in the thread above, here are the links, to save them Googling:

I could imagine someone might consider trying to reduce the diameter of the HK one, or the length of Wolff's USP spring.
To prevent the self-righteous outburst of the elite members of the thought police, I am not giving that suggestion. :ROFLMAO:

One other thing to improve the feeling of the trigger pull, not to reduce the trigger pull weight, is the nickel flat spring:
As it is currently OOS, trying searching for 215691, which is the part number.
It makes the pull a bit smoother, but nothing dramatic.
FWIW HK has it in the match hammer kits and is preinstalled in the Elite, Expert, and Tactical models.

Lastly, Grayguns said about a year ago they will have a flat trigger for the P2000.
I am still eagerly waiting for one, but perhaps it is time to give up hope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts