HKPRO Forums banner

Will the Pro Arms MP5 be worth the price?

• Yes, absolutely if it's as good as they say it is

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Maybe, but I'll believe it when I shoot it

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • No, the price is too high. I'll only buy it if I get a good discount

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • No way, that $1,400 will buy me a lot of booze and hookers

Votes: 9 15.8%
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.professional-arms.com/

Just wondering. I think the latest estimate is for around $2,500, or something like that, which is about $1,400 over a Coharie and $1,000 over the Vectors or Bobcats. It looks like they've put a lot into the development of them so that's where part of that costs is going... I suppose. But it's still a lot of money. Especially considering that most of the reports on the current clones is that they work fine right out of the box or require minimal tweaking.

So do you think the Pro Arms MP5 will be worth the extra money?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If they are as good in real life as they are on paper I feel they will be worth it. With their caliber change capability they will offer an option that even HK factory guns don't offer.

BTW- with the few Vector units which have been produced I doubt there is a $1K price difference which you mentioned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree, if they are as good as they claim, they will be well worth it. Think about this, you can swap calibers in just minutes! 9mm, .40SW, .45ACP, and if you're feeling really cheap, .22LR.
At this point all HKs and clones are getting more expensive. Not to mention, I have heard some horror stories about the Bobcats and others. I would spend a little more money for one that worked right with the extra features.
I really hope they lower their price some before they are finally released though. :D

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, if they are as good as they claim, they will be well worth it. Think about this, you can swap calibers in just minutes! 9mm, .40SW, .45ACP, and if you're feeling really cheap, .22LR.
At this point all HKs and clones are getting more expensive. Not to mention, I have heard some horror stories about the Bobcats and others. I would spend a little more money for one that worked right with the extra features.
I really hope they lower their price some before they are finally released though. :D
I had heard that just an alternate caliber kit was going to be about $1,000. Not sure if that's true but it sounds pretty pricey.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Anything looks good on paper, or the manufaturers claims. The proof will be reviews on them from the people who plunked down the money on one.

I got burned once on a new product that hit the market before the reviews were in, luckily I dumped it for the same price I bought it for, I am never going to make that same mistake again. Lessons learned: never ever buy something until enough people buy them and give a review of it.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'll say maybe, but I'll need to see some reviews. The potential (like others are saying) to switch out calibers is pretty cool.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I say "maybe" as well. For what they want for the carbine I can buy an actual HK91 or 93. Plus, as already mentioned, the cost of each caliber conversion being $1k is just too steep IMO.

On second thought, let me change my answer to "no" if the prices stay the same.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm cautious...I'll wait and see.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I for one think it will be. Look at all the guys with sears... burn out a barrel and all you have to do is drop in another one, no more having to have it sent off to a gunsmith to have it replaced. Decide to switch to another caliber to shoot that day and presto... I will have one without a doubt.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Anything looks good on paper, or the manufaturers claims. The proof will be reviews on them from the people who plunked down the money on one.

I got burned once on a new product that hit the market before the reviews were in, luckily I dumped it for the same price I bought it for, I am never going to make that same mistake again. Lessons learned: never ever buy something until enough people buy them and give a review of it.

Amen.I'll let other people take a chance on a new,unproven weapon before I will.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That thing looks like it takes UMP magazines and barrels, as well; look at the flange on the chamber end. If so, that would make it very simple to add a suppressor to the .45 and .40 versions. It's also making me rethink my UMP investment...I bought the USC with the intention of having a semi-auto, compact, .45ACP subgun. I can't wait to see what the reviews say...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know if it would be worth the price!

The problem is I seem to buy everything that comes in .45acp!

Yes I know, my name is Steve and I have a problem.....................

·
Registered
101 Posts
The USC and UMP are swappable.

·
Registered
101 Posts
God, the more I look at this, the more I want one. A roller locked .45ACP sub gun? Works for me. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,380 Posts
It might just be me; however, if you've got a registered sear or sear-pack, the MK5 would seem to be a God-send. If it works as well as I hope, there's little doubting that it would bring a LOT of value to your registered item. Caliber changes; easy barrel swaps within caliber; no loss in the investment in HK stocks, forends, optics, trigger packs, etc. This is a good thing no matter how you slice it--as long as it works. I'm chosing to be an optimist about this.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts