HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least before we have a colony on the moon?

I know there's the P2000 series in 9mm and .40, but how about a HK compact with the same internals as the HK45c? The USPc series in .45, .40, 9mm is still in production and still sell, I think an HK9c and/or HK40c would too. I think a 12+1 HK40c would be sweet.

If HK did it, who would be interested?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Well you got the USPc, P30, P2000, and P2000sk. So not to sure HK would ever consider that lol, remember, they hate us ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wouldn't that be too similar to a P30 in 9mm and .40? well the trigger guard looks different...
I'm wondering if HK thinks so, but I vastly prefer the ergos of the HK45c, or P2000 for that matter, over the P30's. I also feel the trigger is nicer on the USP's, HK45 and 45c that I've shot than the P series. Just some boring Sunday afternoon contemplation.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I actually prefer the grip of the P2000 to the HK45C. I know both are simular, but it just feels a little better in my hand. I have been messing with backstraps since I got the 45C. First put on the flat base plates and had to change out the backstrap, then switched my grip and put the other one back on. Going to try it out in a couple of hours and see how I shoot with it.

I do prefer the slide,etc... on the 45C though

·
Registered
765 Posts
The real difference between the HK45c and P30 as far as ergonomics is the grip. The 45 probably "feels better" because it fills the hand more. In my experience, a LOT of people think they need a smaller grip than they really do. When it comes to grip size, a lot of times bigger actually is better.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The real difference between the HK45c and P30 as far as ergonomics is the grip. The 45 probably "feels better" because it fills the hand more. In my experience, a LOT of people think they need a smaller grip than they really do. When it comes to grip size, a lot of times bigger actually is better.
Of all the HK models I think the grip of the USPfs feels the best, and I have small hands.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
This. I think the "HK9c and HK40c" are the P2000.
The only difference is the HK45c is available in USP variants whereas the P Series pistols aren't. So if someone were looking for a gun with the variant versatility of the USP series with the ergonomics of the P2000/HK45c, then they are SOL.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The PERFECT weapon for me would be a P2000 with the thumb safety from the USP series. Essentially the HK9C that you are talking about. I had a USPC for a while, and have since moved to the 45C. I think I would rather just forego the thumb safety and have a P2000. I'm willing to straight trade a P2000 for my HK45C but nobody is biting in the Marketplace forum.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The only difference is the HK45c is available in USP variants whereas the P Series pistols aren't. So if someone were looking for a gun with the variant versatility of the USP series with the ergonomics of the P2000/HK45c, then they are SOL.
Good point. Come to think of it...if you like the controls of the 45c (safety decocker location)...the P2000 won't cut it.
Not to mention the reset...but I digress...If the P2000 doesn't meet your needs - the USPC fills that void.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I totally agree. The biggest problem with the P30/P2000 is the different frame design between DA/SA, LEM, and safety models. I also would love to see a "HK9c" or "p3000", whatever you want to call it. Basically the P30 slide on a HK45c frame(a SK version also) To me its the best of both worlds, sleeker slide design of P30 with numerous sight options, and hk45c frame with tired and true USP internals (which seem to be tighter than there P30) counterparts.

BTW: I own both a P30 and HK45c

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Having that modularity ala the USP or HK45, having the better trigger, and the better rail would be nice.

At the same time, I really like the rear mounted decocker.....but I guess I could adapt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts