HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Brand new C308 owner (though LONG time HK91 admirer). I've always loved the wide forearm and don't consider the stock skinny forearm full of holes to be very aesthetically pleasing (to my eyes). So the first order of business now that I'm an HK91 clone owner is to replace the forearm with a wide one. Will this one fit my C308? Is that a decent price? HK G3 Black Wide Handguard New, HK91, PTR91, HKK-2013, RTG Parts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Good price, but not likely to fit if has the straight CETME cocking tube and triple tree that comes rearward. If it has an HK type bottle neck cocking tube with the hanger it should, see the other thread on this.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hi there. Brand new C308 owner (though LONG time HK91 admirer). I've always loved the wide forearm and don't consider the stock skinny forearm full of holes to be very aesthetically pleasing (to my eyes). So the first order of business now that I'm an HK91 clone owner is to replace the forearm with a wide one. Will this one fit my C308? Is that a decent price? HK G3 Black Wide Handguard New, HK91, PTR91, HKK-2013, RTG Parts
Yes that is a good price RTG is a great source for parts.

Yes the forearm will fit fine. However if it has the Cetme straight cocking tube and triple tree you will need to modify the handguard slightly in the front. I have modified 6 of these forearms to fit the Cetme in the past. It only takes about five minutes with a sanding wheel on a dremil tool to increase the inner diameter of the handguard where it fits over the triple tree.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that info guys. I'll grab one of these and modify if I need to. I'm still very new to the 91 and have a lot to learn.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yes it will fit and if your forearm is retained by an HK style push pin (as another C308 owner reported his was) instead of the CETME style screw pin then you won't need to modify anything for a drop-in fit.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yes it will fit and if your forearm is retained by an HK style push pin (as another C308 owner reported his was) instead of the CETME style screw pin then you won't need to modify anything for a drop-in fit.
Steve in 29 raises a really good point. There have been a bunch of people asking very similar questions about furniture. Could you please remove the forearm from your C308 and take a photo showing the cocking tube, triple tree and barrel where the forearm attaches at the front. I have handled several of the older Cetmes and I used to have two of them but I have not handled any of the new C308s and I have not seen a photo of one without the forearm. The parts seem to be a partial mix between Cetme and HK parts so it would be good to see exactly how they are set up.

Thanks in advance,
TG308

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I just watched a youtube review of the new C308 built on the PTR receiver. They showed the rifle with the forearm removed and it is built with the Cetme straight cocking tube, Cetme triple tree and no forearm hanger. As Steve_in_29 said HK forearms should work fine without modifications. However the reason is because Century is using a new US made barrel with a different profile than the original Spanish barrels the old Cetmes were built with. There is no forearm hanger like on the HK. If you look at the attached photo you can see a raised ring in the barrel profile just behind the triple tree on the Spanish barrel. You used to have to slightly modify the HK forearms to clear this ring. The new US made barrels are a smooth profile with no ring.

wm_4906259.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts