HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the highest levl of classes taught by Mas. It will enable both 2Feathers (female) and myself to teach the new MAG 20 classes for him. We will shoot 2500 rounds in 4 days from our duty handgun. I'm using my P2k in 9mm. It is the same gun that had zero malfunctions during the 1500 round Tom Givens course during the first week of June.
I have to use three handguns so I can show that I can teach students in each catagory.
1. Duty full size, HK P2K.
2. BUG, I'll use Glock 26
3 Revolver, I'll use J Frame.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Cool. Be sure to let us know how it goes. It is awesome to see people using their HK's for training. Tom Givens is on my shortlist for future training. Memphis is so far away!! Best of luck.

·
Registered
437 Posts
K stands for thousand, like kilo. So P2k means P2000--remember when they were talking about all the computers that were supposed to die at the millenium and they called it the Y2K (year 2000) bug? I think that's what he means especially since he names it as his 'duty full size' weapon.

Good luck at the class. . . sure wish I could do something like that.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HI, I just returned from the class. I used my P2K as my main handgun and fired 3K rounds from it in 3 days. The class was Mas Ayoobs advanced instructor class. The drills were constant and no time was given for cleaning between them. I had aboulutely NO malfunctions. I used 4 mags, and all drills were 6 round drills with fast reloads for a total of 18-24 rounds per drill. Mas wants his peple to be able to speed reload and the P2K is VERY fast.
That is NO malfunctions in 3K rounds during this class.
Last month I attended Tom Givens advanced Instructor class and fired 1500 rounds from the same handgun, again, no malfunctions.
My gun is a LEM with a trigger job from Bill Springfield so it has a very fast reset.
This is my ideal for a defensive handgun.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Awesome! Good to know your P2000 ran flawlessly bud. Sounds like an awesome course, as soon as I get some downtime at work I plan on taking a few courses myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Congrat's..a breath of fresh air thread!! Just a outstanding read....feel's very good to read what HK's excel at "reliability"!! Never met Mas but have thru the net. I would like a class but not being able to run and gun i guess i'm out of luck. thank's for sharing. Just curious were any other gun's giving problem's??

HI, I just returned from the class. I used my P2K as my main handgun and fired 3K rounds from it in 3 days. The class was Mas Ayoobs advanced instructor class. The drills were constant and no time was given for cleaning between them. I had aboulutely NO malfunctions. I used 4 mags, and all drills were 6 round drills with fast reloads for a total of 18-24 rounds per drill. Mas wants his peple to be able to speed reload and the P2K is VERY fast.
That is NO malfunctions in 3K rounds during this class.
Last month I attended Tom Givens advanced Instructor class and fired 1500 rounds from the same handgun, again, no malfunctions.
My gun is a LEM with a trigger job from Bill Springfield so it has a very fast reset.
This is my ideal for a defensive handgun.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
All 1911's had issues as the round count grew.
LOL, i've seen the same thing in my few classes I've taken. On my local forums, I'm like a lamb to the slaughter when I tell them about how much I can't stand 1911 and that you just can't have a reliable one under $3k. I get every 1911 junky that has ever graced the internet saying that they're 1911's run flawlessly. It's nearly retarded. The experience you've seen I've seen first hand and my instructors have time and time again. Although, I do catch my own amount of flack for using a Da/Sa but that's another story. :0)

I'm glad the P2k worked out for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What king of ammo were you running thru your P2000 during the course? My p2000 does it best target accuracy with Win Ranger 180 grain JHP'S, subsonic load.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What king of ammo were you running thru your P2000 during the course? My p2000 does it best target accuracy with Win Ranger 180 grain JHP'S, subsonic load.
Hi, I got a hell of a deal on Speer Lawman 115 grain from Sprotsman's Guide.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts