HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I agree with ITD1944. LGS will try to get me one through SSE, which goes away next year. I am second in line, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I already own a HK45, HK45c, and P30s.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
They have not passed the Bill yet, but after it did not pass last year it was rewritten to take out the ( No LE transfer ) so it looks like the GOV. will sign it this year. I don't think any manufacture is going to micro stamp for our small market. My order is in with my SSE FFL Dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I highly doubt it. It doesn't microstamp, I don't believe there is a magazine disconnect safety in the gun and I think the LCI isn't noticeable enough for Cali "safety" standards.

I believe the only ways to get one is to SSE it, PPT it from someone within the state who already has one or to do a intra-familial transfer. Those 3 ways are all exempt from the roster.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This sucks man, I'm waiting for the vp45 when it comes out too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yep, I have no hope of getting the 45 version if one becomes available. There's always a chance that SSE won't go away........

·
Registered
682 Posts
Does anyone know HK's plan for this, if any?
SSE is your only option.

Chuckster the residents of CA buy more guns than any state except Texas. So it's the second largest market, and that's saying something considering how restrictive the handgun laws are (1/30, roster, plus local gun laws in certain counties).

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
There are many that would like the law to pass as they say it will strengthen the case to get rid of the roster entirely, but since that case has been going on for years I am not holding my breath. Just buying what I want between now and the end of the year.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
SSE is your only option.

Chuckster the residents of CA buy more guns than any state except Texas. So it's the second largest market, and that's saying something considering how restrictive the handgun laws are (1/30, roster, plus local gun laws in certain counties).
What percentage are our sales of the total US handgun sales?

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
On another site I found that Calif. represents 6 to 7 % of market of total gun sales handgun and long gun combined.
Kentucky looks well armed for its population.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
On another site I found that Calif. represents 6 to 7 % of market of total gun sales handgun and long gun combined.
Kentucky looks well armed for its population.
Its hard to believe that all those guns are staying in Kentucky.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I dd find a place close to me that is getting them in. They have a long waiting list and it's $850 OTD. I'm putting my name on the list and hurry up and wait to see what happens.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
I dd find a place close to me that is getting them in. They have a long waiting list and it's $850 OTD. I'm putting my name on the list and hurry up and wait to see what happens.
That price is outrageous even including tax and DROS. That is over full retail. Most FFL's that do SSE do not charge for it if you buy the gun from them. They are making a profit on the sale of the gun. They charge for SSE and transfer when you have a gun shipped to them. You really should not be paying more than $725 OTD. Find another FFL your guy is heavy handed, he is not the only game in the state. He has a right to make a fair profit. That $125 you save will buy you 500 rounds of 9mm. I am in So Cal but there are several Nor Cal FFL's that do SSE. Shop around.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That price is outrageous even including tax and DROS. That is over full retail. Most FFL's that do SSE do not charge for it if you buy the gun from them. They are making a profit on the sale of the gun. They charge for SSE and transfer when you have a gun shipped to them. You really should not be paying more than $725 OTD. Find another FFL your guy is heavy handed, he is not the only game in the state. He has a right to make a fair profit. That $125 you save will buy you 500 rounds of 9mm. I am in So Cal but there are several Nor Cal FFL's that do SSE. Shop around.
Oh I'm shopping around. There are FFL's that SSE but not many and even less that do HK's. I have emails and PM's all over the place lol. I've never SSE'd anything so I'm searching Calguns and will make some phone calls tomorrow. I'm hoping that the price they quoted is a WAG.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had never heard of SSE pistols before, so I researched it. WOW!!!how ridiculous is the Govt of CA?!?!?!?!? Somebody needs to taken to the woodshed after I read how stupid this law is.....and it was passed and signed???

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Politicians pass lots of stupid laws here. They are all trying to make a name for themselves. The latest stupid law is micro stamping, do they really think it will solve crimes. Just back door gun control.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts