·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just ordered a set to test.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Interesting thanks for the heads up. I have a set on my Wilson/Beretta Brig Tac and I'm a huge fan but TruGlo TFX pro's still have the edge for me

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Interesting thanks for the heads up. I have a set on my Wilson/Beretta Brig Tac and I'm a huge fan but TruGlo TFX pro's still have the edge for me
Have to agree, since having TFX Pros installed, those are my favorite. Armorer at HK in GA told me that's what he uses on his carry guns, and have to admit, he was right.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TFX's are way too busy for me, not to mention they look huge. I'm sure they work really well for a lot of shooters but I prefer a blacked out rear and a very visible front sight. So far I've preferred the 10-8 Performance black rear with U-notch and a fiber optic or brass bead front. 10-8's are a bitch to fit though, especially the front sight. I'm hoping that the Wilson don't require as much material to be removed.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
That sucks, I wanted to order a set for my USP 45, they do not fit a P2000 or the USP series pistols.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
Fit's HK45C Tactical.... it doesn't look high enough.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Would love to know if the Tritium rear sight aligns with the Trijicon HD Hi-Viz front sight. The Trij rear sight is just so damned sharp, it cuts everything (including my forearms when holstered).

·
Registered
402 Posts
Would love to know if the Tritium rear sight aligns with the Trijicon HD Hi-Viz front sight. The Trij rear sight is just so damned sharp, it cuts everything (including my forearms when holstered).
Ask Larry on his FB page he is very active there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It also appears that the rear sight at least will not work on a VP40; I suspect it'll fit, but the base is insufficient to secure the polymer charging pieces.

Read through the information on the Wilson site carefully-both for specifics and omissions.

That's a very broad front sight at .140-how is it on medium-to-longer-distance targets/shots?

Best, Jon

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Damn, I'm disappointed they went with the 3-dot alignment and not the over-under like they did with the Glock offering. Looks like I'll be going with the plain rear and Trij HD XR front when those hit the streets.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but the tritium rear appears to have white outlines whereas the tritium front does not... or at the very least, the outlines on the rear are much more pronounced than on the front; should be the other way around.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got em a couple of days ago and finally installed them today. They aren't as tall as HD's which is good. They required minimal fitting as compared to 10-8'a. Overall They are an improvement over factory sights, but I still prefer 10-8's over all else I've tried thus far. Floor Wood Hardwood Floor Hardwood Laminate flooring Flooring Wood Electronic instrument Technology Electronic device Musical instrument Digital piano

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was waiting for these, too, because I have the Vickers/WC sights on my Glock 19, and what I really liked was the .125" front sight paired with the .145" U notched rear. This is a great combo for quick acquisition but also precision at distance.

Unfortunately -- and I'm curious why -- Vickers/WC went with different specs on the sights for the HK, which are .140" front sight and .165" U-notched rear. I think it's essentially what the factory sights are. Too bad.

Anyway, TooSixy just hooked me up by installing my 10-8s (which are .125/.140)!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts