HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought two boxes of Ranger T ammo this weekend in 9mm and 45. They worked great in my wife’s 9mm but in my 45 Tactical they would not feed. I looked like they were getting stuck in the magazine on the nose of the bullet and if you tap the pistol it would load it and one time the next round stove piped instead of feeding in to the chamber. I have had no problems in the past with the magazines and the next day I shot around 300rds without any problems. Has anyone else experienced this with the Ranger T series?

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
The Rangers also have lack of full expansion issues from what I have read. They are intended for LE as a better HP penetrator against auto glass and such and suffer as a result. I use Speer Gold Dot or Cor Bon Sierra bullets or DPX, myself

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I have no other feeding problems except with these and it was every mag I loaded at least twice per mag. I then shot 200rd after them and had no issues. Also have put 400 more rds with no issues. I did save one and it measured within specs for 45acp.I think I am going with gold dot or Federal HST but the Federal hydro shoks are readily available hear as well.

·
Registered
519 Posts
We're the 200 rounds after the ranger T of HP design or ball? The ogive of every bullet design is different and a slight change, even between HP designs, could drum up issues that are otherwise unbeknownced. If it fed ball afterward it still could be a mag issue since ball is more forgiving for feeding issues than a big wide open HP is going to be. The other HP you were using could be just different enough from the rangers that they feed still. I'm not an expert, just taking a stab at it. I've been wrong before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts