HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot elaborate, but, going into some potentially dangerous areas tommorrow. Two guys/co-workers got killed last week. Please, I CAN'T elaborate.

But sufficeth to say, from my inventory, I will elect the P220R Carry DAK, with the 10-round mag from off a P220R Combat that I picked up at Sig Sauer in NH during their CQB course at SigAcademy at 20% off, a tremendous deal.

This should serve well at least as a visual deterrent. I'm sure all will go well, but things are getting hairy out there:

Pls note, I trust my Hk's JUST as much if not more...;)

But, nothing says I love you like that Carry/10-rd Combat mag setup. :)

Also pictured in the background is my new toy. I picked up a Saiga 7.62x39 w/ 16" barrel, a variant of the new AK-100 Series rifles. HIGHLY recommended -btw.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it sounds weird, but my job is dangerous. If you need further elaboration, you may send me a private message and I will email you the link to our local news coverage including ALL the TV news coverage.

·
Registered
616 Posts
If your carrying in NJ, I assume you are LE, and if you are LE you may want to invest in some higher cap guns/mags. Select fire long guns never hurt either...:53:

EDIT: I used to work full time in a somewhat dangerous plain clothes low level protection job and a vest was always part of my gear when it was warranted...I dont see that in the pic...major WTF.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are right. NEED vest, will be in Philly. Waiting for vest to be supplied, it's a nice vest -btw...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
No...I'm just an armed security guy, that's all. I am not acting like a "top secret commando", but I don't know what goes on with each individual observer's mind, who may view this thread. I am not allowed to disclose certain things tho, that would be just plain old stupid.

Last nite I got in at 5am from Philly, we broke up 2 fights (out of eight) and at a club/concert/bar (not the one with the two murders), all going on at the same time.

·
Registered
616 Posts
No...I'm just an armed security guy, that's all. I am not acting like a "top secret commando", but I don't know what goes on with each individual observer who may view this thread. I am not allowed to disclose certain things tho, that would be just plain old stupid.

Last nite I got in at 5am from Philly, we broke up 2 fights (out of eight) and at a club/concert/bar (not the one with the two murders), all going on at the same time.
I worked for years as plain clothes protection (as stated before). I worked mostly for B and C list VIP's like A list adult film stars and the top 20 DJs going to popular clubs. I dealt with a lot of organized crime, drugs, and protecting 1-3 people with an undercut staff in crowds of over 2000, with mixed in idiots, fans, and dealers who thought that laws did not apply to them...and often they seemed to be right. Not to mention many Philly PD members that were in on, or went along with some not to legal things. That said, nothing I did there compared to Camden....and you are from South Jersey, I doubt Philly has anything South Jersey doesnt!

·
Registered
13 Posts
One suggestion:

Nothing says I love you like the USP45F (12+1). No need for extended mags.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
616 Posts
One suggestion:

Nothing says I love you like the USP45F (12+1). No need for extended mags.

Stay safe.
Thats what I carry now when I need more rounds, but when I was working the job I mentioned above, I had to carry a G30, which I hated.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yeah, Camden (a murder capital) IS bad too, but on a smaller scale compared to Philly as far as size. Yes, I live 10 minutes away (sheesh). Like you, I really like this security business and at least I'm not locked down by bureaucrats and the like, if I was a say "cornfield cop". Nothing against them, but people like us like to be on the move with no barriers. Nothing wrong with that. we have a good team and I have done some armored work in Philly (2 yrs), that is West Philly (bad, bad, bad area) you are more likely to get wacked in West Philly statistically, than as a US soldier in Baghdad, Iraq.

But we have a good team and some of us are moving towards some traing in executive protection and will eventually end up at Blackwater for some courses. It is all tax deductable for us and of course, it's a great resume builder.

Doing this stuff, it drives home the point how much Hk means to me anyways.

Oh yes, by the way....I WOULD LOVE to have a USP 45 full size! Even tho I am absolutely getting a HK45 Compact, I will be HIGHLY considering a USP45 Full Size as well. That is one of the reasons that I dont have an interest in the HK45 full size.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yeah, Camden IS bad too, but on a smaller scale compared to Philly. Like you, I really like this security business and at least I'm not locked down by bureaucrats and the like, if I was a say "cornfield cop". Nothing against them, but people like us like to be on the move with no barriers. Nothing wrong with that. we have a good team and I have done some armored work in Philly (2 yrs), that is West Philly (bad, bad, bad area) you are more likely to get wacked in West Philly statistically, than as a US soldier in Baghdad, Iraq.

But we have a good team and some of us are moving towards some traing in executive protection and will eventually end up at Blackwater for some courses. It is all tax deductable for us and of course, it's a great resume builder.

I plan on taking BW exec protection late next year too. Why not get a USPf and get more rounds compared to the P220?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah, Camden IS bad too, but on a smaller scale compared to Philly. Like you, I really like this security business and at least I'm not locked down by bureaucrats and the like, if I was a say "cornfield cop". Nothing against them, but people like us like to be on the move with no barriers. Nothing wrong with that. we have a good team and I have done some armored work in Philly (2 yrs), that is West Philly (bad, bad, bad area) you are more likely to get wacked in West Philly statistically, than as a US soldier in Baghdad, Iraq.

I waited before I called you a keyboard commando, but after you use a term like "cornfield cop" and compare your job to a soldier or Marine in Baghdad, I can't think of any other label. What's your source that West Philly is more deadly that Baghdad-and what does this have to do with HK?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I waited before I called you a keyboard commando, but after you use a term like "cornfield cop" and compare your job to a soldier or Marine in Baghdad, I can't think of any other label. What's your source that West Philly is more deadly that Baghdad-and what does this have to do with HK?
In his defense, west philly is pretty bad, especially if you are white (I dont know if he is), and 20% of all the murders in philly occur in west philly. I still think camden is worse though. I cant speak of anyone elses experience, but when I worked in Philly at night, I was armed to the teeth as well and I got in my fair share of tussles. And that was in plainclothes, I can only imagine how bad it would be if they can pick you out of a crowd from afar by a uniform.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I regret it coming off as that. But it was on our local news regarding that statistic. I don't mean to offend anyone, it is just that it was shocking to me, and I still have some questions to the news report's accuracy. Also, I was replying to JLStorm since we do some similar things. I got that term from other cops btw. But I work along with cops and I don't mean to sound derogatory, just that I rather like my course of work for now instead.

But anyway, don't mean to go off too far from course with this thread.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In his defense, west philly is pretty bad, especially if you are white (I dont know if he is), and 20% of all the murders in philly occur in west philly. I still think camden is worse though. I cant speak of anyone elses experience, but when I worked in Philly at night, I was armed to the teeth as well and I got in my fair share of tussles.
According to CNN, Camden was the murder capital of the US in '03 & '04.

btw- That USP45 full size looks better and better everyday, but in NJ, we have to get permission slips for each pistol so all this takes alot of time.

·
Registered
510 Posts
quikz,
I guess I just don't even understand why you put it out there like that. If you can't talk about it. don't
Stay safe, good luck

·
Registered
616 Posts
According to CNN, Camden was the murder capital of the US in '03 & '04.

btw- That USP45 full size looks better and better everyday, but in NJ, we have to get permission slips for each pistol so all this takes alot of time.
Cant you have your company purchase it for use until you can get the paperwork pushed through in NJ and buy it out from them? Plus your company will probably help you with the paperwork too since its required for the job.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well you're right, I prolly could, but as with everything here in NJ, there is an element of politics. In other words, too much pistol 'permission slips' too quickly, too short a period of time, is not good. But I usually get my 'permission slips' in a month (VERY quick by NJ standards). This presents a timing issue since I (and a whole lot of others) are waiting for the HK45's to be released. When Hk releases the HK45 Compact, I will SERIOUSLY be considering a USP45 full size, if not for the fact that I really like that pistol. Then I can get the permission slips for two pistols at once and just be done with it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts