HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out ran the Wolf steel cased 223 through their rifles. How does it perform with regards to the fluted chamber? Are there issues with extraction or wear? With brass cased stuff getting as expensive as it is, coupled with the fact of the HK's chewing up the brass to the point where it's not practical to reload it, I'm looking at alternatives.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've run Wolf Military Classic 223 through my HK33E no problem. There used to be a lot of problems with the older Wolf stuff that had lacquer on the cases that filled up the flutes. It is my understanding that all of the Wolf rifle stuff in now moly coated. Make sure you have one of those brushes that clean the crap out of the indents for the rollers because it is dirty. I try to use Federal XM193 but it's hard to find so I usually end up with S&B.

·
Registered
266 Posts
no probs at all. shoot all of it you want to.

most all of the probes guys had. was on cheap ass AR15 clones.
for under $450.00...hell you could have probs with good brass case ammo. on them things they called Guns.lol

·
Registered
732 Posts
Steel cased ammo works just fine. The chamber flute brush is a good idea no matter the ammo you shoot. Just good maintenance.

You might consider handloading. You can still buy components and load them for the price of Wolf. Each subsequent reloading the price becomes comparatively less as you amortize the brass.

Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts