HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was about to order some Wolff +10% magazine springs for my 10rd. P2000 in .40. They don't have it listed specifically for the P2000 on the site, but I emailed their CS and they said the ones for the USP should fit, so I was gonna go ahead and order a three pack. I was just wondering before I did, if anyone here has used them in a P2000 and knows one way or the other. Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, so I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread, or just continue here. I guess it's obvious which one I picked. In any case, I just went to the range for the first time after having swapped out the regular springs for the Wolff springs. I've been to the range about six times since I got my P2000, and have only suffered a few jams. The first one was attributed to the gun being brand new and not fully cleaned before firing. The next ones had to do with new ammo with steel casings. Finally today there was no jam in regards to firing, but when I placed a magazine in and racked the slide back, the round jammed (I have photos). I'm thinking this is because I manually racked the slide back and maybe I didn't do it fast or smoothly enough. In any case, am I right to keep blaming different things or should I have my pistol looked at? If I'm not being specific enough or correctly describing my problem, please let me know. I just feel like there have been enough jams in a (relatively) short amount of time for me to inquire. Thanks, guys.

IMG_0515 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_0514 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably worth a call to HK then? I keep seeing all these posts about HKs going thousands and thousands of rounds with out any incident, and I count a total of about 5 in about 5-600 shots.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
From what I gather, the P2000 pretty much doesn't jam, even with gross user error and the worst ammunition.
My P2000 and every P30 I've seen in person tend to choke on steel cased ammo. Specific to my P2000, 2 out of 1000 rounds of RUAG zinc-plated steel. My buddies P30 couldn't get through a mag without a stoppage with the same stuff. It stuck inside the chamber, and the gun would fail to extract it. Ditto with a P30 I saw in a course after the guy proclaimed that his Tula ammunition was no worse than brass cased stuff.

But brass cased ammo? Oh yeah, baby! Something over 17,000 rounds of brass cased ammo through my P2000 without a stoppage. Over 18,000 rounds total including the RUAG steel cased ammo, so 2 stoppaged total all ammunition types considered. That's fine by me....I can usually find brass case ammo for just as cheap (or cheaper) than steel case anyway.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Your extractor could maybe use a little smoothing. Sometimes the cut of the claw is slightly out. Occasionally it will smooth out on it's own from use. I would shoot it some more and keep an eye on things to see. If the extractor is slightly out, the stronger mag springs usually fix the symptom (but not the problem) by putting more upward pressure pushing the cartridge fully into the grip of the extractor.

If your problem persists, then I would mail your slide to HK along with that second picture. Mailing your slide is very inexpensive (unlike FedExing your entire pistol).

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I just got a new P2000, 9mm, in addition to my original one. At the range the new one had 2-3 jams on the first magazine. At least one of those was due to a malformed case mouth, yay Winchester White Box, and the other two I attributed to being new. Since then I have 240 rounds through it without an issue. BTW I use the Wolff 12 lb springs with no issues, both in my old and new.

I wouldn't be overly worried. If all of those malfunctions were at the beginning or with what you know was poor ammo, then it should be ok. However, like orfeo said if u keep having issues I would probably give a call to HK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts