HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was researching Zenith MP5 clones and came across something interesting:

Turkish arms factory manager remanded for selling state secrets - CRIME

The article does not name the American company in question and only calls the owner "K. K.".

According to the net, Zenith Quest Corp is owned by Kutlay Kaya (http://www.manta.com/c/mh1rz46/zenith-quest-corporation)

I've noticed on the Zenith site that their MP5 clones are all on backorder.

So... does this mean MKE guns are leaving the US market again once the current pool dries up ? Does anyone know more about this situation?

·
Registered
151 Posts
They are now collectors items, if you own a unflired example leave it unfired for gunbroker value.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well that's a shame. Still, with the upcoming U.S. factory I'm hoping we get more HK-made civilian MP5s available which I'd prefer over a clone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i talked to the dealer today, my z-5rs will ship to my ffl early next week .
I ordered and paid for a Z-5RS last week. They are supposed to be delivered to the dealer end of this week and shipped to my FFL the following Monday 2/27.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Sounds more like selling licensing/tooling/intellectual property issues rather than issue regarding physical firearm exports from Turkey. MKEs should come in as regular

·
Registered
125 Posts
That article is from April '16, so almost a year ago. I suspect if this incident would have affected the Zenith/MKE relationship we would have heard about it by now.

Sounds like the blame for everything went directly onto the head of MKE. Looks like he had a comfortable enough relationship with K.K. to solicit the sale of state property (the engineering drawings for the MP5/MPT-76) to line his pockets. K.K. had more interest in maintaining the relationship with MKE/Turkey than the individual in charge of MKE and alerted the authorities. I'd honestly doubt this does anything other than strengthen the relationship between MKE and Zenith.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
They are now collectors items, if you own a unflired example leave it unfired for gunbroker value.
This type of thinking always baffles me. It seems to be ingrained into many people who own HK's.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
This type of thinking always baffles me. It seems to be ingrained into many people who own HK's.
+1
I mean... I can see not licking​ the backs of your postage stamp collection, but my gosh, when it comes to firearms... Shoot the dang things!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts