HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jsut picked up my first HK! Ordered a P2000 SK V3 in 357 from BattleMBR, now I just need to find a shop with some ammo in stock and I'm going to shoot the $h!t out of something.

·
Registered
239 Posts
357 is a very overlooked caliber. I think it's got so much potential, the Secret Service traded their +P+ 115 grain 9mm loads for the .357 SIG, but gets ignored because it's not 9, 40 or 45. There is still the faction that believes it won't stay around and slowly fade into the background. I have a buddy who still won't buy a 40! How much convincing does it take, it's been around at least 15 years now.

In terms of ammo the selection is less. Premium hollowpoints are available from Winchester Ranger, Speer Gold Dot, I think a Golden Saber, and just a few others. A box of practice FMJ loads will cost between $16 and $20 unless you buy bulk, it's not the cheapest to shoot.

Congrats on your selection. That's one of the best personal defense calibers to shoot, giving you 357 magnum performance from a semi-auto with nearly twice the capacity of a wheelgun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts