HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Darn old gunshop guys, I called this afternoon to see if it was in, since I work halfway between the shop and my home, "Nope, it didn't come in."

So I drove home and there was a message, "Hey it DID come in after all! We're open 'till 7 tonight if you want to come pick it up."

And I had told then I'd like to get it in the black or camo cordura case, instead of the light gray cordura case. But the distributor (RSR Group) only had five of these guns left when we ordered it, so I'd told them I'd take one even if it came in a pink cordura case! ^L^

Well, as you can see below I didn't any kind of cordura case, and got a "nice" plastic box! -L- And when when the fellow at the gunshop checked on the order earlier this week, suddenly RSR had 68 of the darn guns!! I've asked him to call them and see if any of those come in the cordura case, if these are *really* discontinued, I'm thinking they might make a good "investment"!! Bwah-ha-ha-ha! =L=

Click for Big Image

Okay, Stoopid Noobie questions:

1) Does HK make a thread protector for the barrel? If so where would I buy it? Ask my gun pusher to order it?

2) How about extra magazines? Can you recommend a place to buy them or are they a factory order item from my gun local shop?

3) Even though I haven't shot one round through it, can the trigger action be improved greatly? I know of a gunsmith named Grayguns that works on HK pistols, do the Mark 23's respond well to such smithing? Any recommendations?

Thanks for looking! I can't wait to shoot it, in fact I'm suddenly not feeling very well, maybe I should call in sick tomorrow! *L* I wouldn't want to infect the whole company! ^L^ Bwah-ha-<cough>-<cough>!!

- Thomas

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow!! I wish that was my 1st HK. That is one sexy looking sidearm! If I was single I'd ask it to marry me! Great score man.

·
Registered
363 Posts
HKparts.net for the thread protector, forum member "lahilljack" for your magazines-he can't be beat unless you find them used (good luck with that). Make sure you are ordering/buying mags for the MK 23 specifically-they are different from the 12 round usp 45 magazines. Congrats on your new baby!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Crap, now I've got another HK to research & try to find one to fondle.

Also learned about mag source, have to try them out.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
I have heard grey guns a lot and if I sent one in for a trigger job that is who I would send to. Jmo. But before you go messing with it you better put some range Time in first, pack a lunch carry a heavy load to the range and don't leave till your down to one mag. I think you will find that has a nice trigger on it. Congrats on the new gun.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yeah I would definitely get at least 500-1000 rds thru it before contemplating a trigger job. I followed this when deciding on a trigger job for my P30L. Bowie tactical concepts does all the work on my HK's. But he is a one man crew so its usually about a 5-6 month wait.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Great buy! It's beautiful. Congrats budd, enjoy! :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Congrats on the great first HK! It was my 2nd. I would definitely shoot it before you judge it's trigger. Its pretty good as is. As far as a thread protector goes, several sites have them specifically for the Mark 23 from $20-$30 bucks. Look hard enough and you can find NIB mags in the high $40's as well. Check out the accessory section here too.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Very nice!

I seriously considered picking up a Mark 23 as my first HK. But, I have medium-sized hands and the grip just felt a little too bulky for me. So, I ended up choosing the USP Compact Tactical.

Still, I may end up buying a Mark 23 out of sheer fascination of the pistol, its history, and as a collection piece.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
That is a great way to kick off your HK collection. That is one of the most expensive HK pistols. The other of course will be a Real Stainless match, so if that is your next one, then it is easy goings from there. I really want a MK23, it is on my list after I get the guns I "Need."

Great buy, and welcome to the club.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Nice first HK. Shoot it before you decide to change anything. The Mark 23 is one of the best shooting handguns you will ever shoot. The cordura cases can be bought on gunbroker, here on the forum and at the HK Webshop.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts