HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone should be happy to know that all your FMP G3s and Xg3s along with the Springfield (greek made) G3's and the JLD 91 copies are all worth $600. Now that century is put out G3's.

All you Hk 91 owners yours are only worth "a couple of hundred more" cause JLD makes the copy better then the original.

These words of wisdow from a dealer trying to buy my rifle (xg3s)at a local gun show. I went looking to find some parts ( bipod and Claw mount) and that is the load of crap I got handed to me. First I told him it wasn't for sale then I just walked away shaking my head.

I figured I would give you guys the same laugh I had.

:490:

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
There's nothing to laugh about, as he'll probably conn several people out of their rifles. You should go back and kick him in the balls. That'll make us laugh.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I know how you feel...I had a "expert" tell me at the range as I was helping him pack up, I needed to clean my "gas chamber" when I told him I was having some trouble with my reloads in my PTR...They were starting loads as I was working up a powder/bullet combo, and wern't cycling the action because they were on the light side, I tried telling this to that dope, and kept telling me to clean out the "gas chamber" Idiots abound everywhere, you'll find alot of them either at the range, or at the gunshows....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thats jsut like the guy at the last Orlando show trying to sell his bobcat sp89 clone for $3599 and said it was just as good as HK, but HK was jsut $100 more...

·
Registered
732 Posts
There is so much nonsense at gunshows that I just don't go to them anymore. Around here prices are higher than at retail outlets, the egos and nonsense abound.

I log on to Midway or wherever, and make my purchases from the comfort of my home.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
There's nothing to laugh about, as he'll probably conn several people out of their rifles. You should go back and kick him in the balls. That'll make us laugh.
bwahahahah! If you do, please have someone record it and put it on Youtube.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Thats jsut like the guy at the last Orlando show trying to sell his bobcat sp89 clone for $3599 and said it was just as good as HK, but HK was jsut $100 more...
The last time I was at the Dallas gun show, some clown was asking almost $5,000 for a LNIB SP89 because "they're impossible to find these days, this is the first one I've seen for sale in 3 years." I tried to tell him I'd seen two sell the day before for mid $3,000s, but he acted like he didnt' believe me.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
The gunshow rule:

"Everything the dealer has is priceless, everything you have is worthless."
Yeah like when you go to trade in a car they tell you it has high mileage and they can only pay you so much. The same mileage and model year on a car for sale on their lot has low mileage. Same BS just packaged differently.

Funny thread.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Nothing beats a dealer at a gunshow that was selling an SW 5 receiver in the white. He was selling it for $950.00 and that was what did not suprise me. It was the fact that the semi-sear shelf had been milled down and a the front pin swing down was redrilled into the receiver. I asked him if he understood what he had.

He acted so rude when I told him he had an illegal firearm in his possession. He said that it didn't matter to him and asked me if I was going to buy it or keep talking. I noticed a local state police at another booth so I told the dealer, hey let me got get my friend the local state police to come over and take a look at it. The dealer turned white as a sheet and put it under the table.

I told him I would be back later to check and see if he sold it. He really cooperative when I stopped by near the end of the gunshow and he still had the receiver all boxed up and put away.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would have turned him in just for having that thing. He doesn't care who he sells it to. It is one thing to try and guess how many american made parts are on a gun it is another to turn them into select fire weapons.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I would have turned him in just for having that thing. He doesn't care who he sells it to. It is one thing to try and guess how many american made parts are on a gun it is another to turn them into select fire weapons.
Exactly. Whether he was ignorant about it or not, anyone that bought that thing could get into a whole heap of BATFE trouble.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts

Mmmm... I'd pay a dollar to watch that...:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts