HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World Exclusive? That's a rather self-important sounding load of crap, eh? :D

Anyway, I think these are the first photos and the actual report from the BKA about the civilian versions of the 416 and 417 for internal Germany sale.

They look a lot like their full-auto cousins, don't you think?

The report is in German. Access from the front page. I think the magazine capacities listed as two rounds and ten rounds are German limitations, and does that mean perhaps that a two round magazine is a hunting capacity?

Any help from our friends in Germany?

Anyway, enjoy!

:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Talk about "old" news. Membership has it's privileges.

Be Safe
Gayle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there any word on pricing in Germany that could be used to gauge a price in the U.S or is it too soon to ask?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Tom, Thanks for the Updates! I'm so excited. I know it's still along time before we see them in the US, But truly a positive step in the right direction. I looked at the pics quickly, I dont see any real difrences between the 416 and 417 (besides the mags) Can any one else see anything that might be diffrent???? Tom, you stated in the story that although the German approval listed SBR lengths for the barrels and you didn't think HK would sell the 10 and 14.5 to civilians in the USA, do you think they would sell just the uppers in those legnths, that way if I bought a 16 inch MR223 I could swap out to a 10 inch lower once I SBRed the lower????

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Congrats to all our German friends and shooters on having the chance to own a pair of really nice rifles!

:100000:

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Chef, just for you:

:D

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there any word on pricing in Germany that could be used to gauge a price in the U.S or is it too soon to ask?
Way too soon.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Thanks, boss! :D

·
Registered
870 Posts
Will the MR223 and MR308 take the Magpul MIAD grip I wonder??? I know that I will put a LMT Sopmod stock on my MR223 when I get it, I wonder what after market options will be avalable for the MR308 stock???

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow....I'm sorry but that 417 is ugly as hell....

Heres to hoping the American version looks better....
Good grief. They're essentially identical except for the pistol grip to the 417.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Will the MR223 and MR308 take the Magpul MIAD grip I wonder??? I know that I will put a LMT Sopmod stock on my MR223 when I get it, I wonder what after market options will be avalable for the MR308 stock???
IIRC the .308 version will have a larger buffer tube, so you cant just take a .223 stock and put it onto a .308 417 or AR10.

Thats why Magpul has different versions of their fully adjustable stock, for the AR15 or AR10's.

I say give the HK adjustable stock a try first, its supposed to be quite comfy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
hear is a thought

Wow....I'm sorry but that 417 is ugly as hell....

Heres to hoping the American version looks better....
BEG H&K TO MAKE THE 417 ADAPTABLE WITH THE MILLIONS OF G-3 MAGS, THAT WOULD MAKE ME FORGET ABOUT ALL OF THE NEGATIVE THINGS, HELL ITS JUST A THOUGHT.LOL

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BEG H&K TO MAKE THE 417 ADAPTABLE WITH THE MILLIONS OF G-3 MAGS, THAT WOULD MAKE ME FORGET ABOUT ALL OF THE NEGATIVE THINGS, HELL ITS JUST A THOUGHT.LOL
That train's already left the station.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I dont think they would. The original version had the G3 mags, but it didn't have a BHO on it.

It would be too expencive for HK to make two different lower recievers, just to use G3 mags.

ETA

Tom beat me to the punch :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts