HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I agree. I would clean it with some JB Bore compound on a patch with a few drops of kroil on it, then run a clean patch thru to clean up. From the pics I am seeing on my phone, it does not appear to be rust. I've seen much worse with no problems at all.

·
Super Moderator
4,380 Posts
It almost looks like someone has been shooting lead out of that barrel. It certainly doesn't look like a copper deposit.

·
Registered
341 Posts
go shoot it, after your next range session it wont be there. (unless you have been shooting lead, then in that case clean it.)

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Welcome to the site. Give it a good cleaning a stop using it on your socket wrench.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks.

Atlas, i will shoot it and clean it again and see what happens. thanks for the replies. any link that i can get a new barrel? (USPc .40)
just in case i need one.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Atlas, i will shoot it and clean it again and see what happens. thanks for the replies. any link that i can get a new barrel? (USPc .40)
just in case i need one.
As Tony said, check out the vendors and also HKCS but I doubt that you will need a new barrel. They are canon grade and last 100+k rds.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
just in case i need one.
It's a polygonal bore, not conventional land and groove, in case you're comparing it to other barrels you have.

Nothing a good cleaning won't take care of.
-Sean

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm kinda new in the gun world. Any suggestions on how to clean this barrel? Nylon, copper, or steel brush? Any particular solvent or cleaner to get rid of these marks?

·
Super Moderator
4,380 Posts
can it be polished, like with ultra fine sandpaper? becuase is not superficial...
No, don't do that. Just shoot the thing and if you're getting decent/acceptable accuracy from it, just roll with it. If it absolutely drives you crazy, then by all means, feel free to buy another barrel. Were it mine, I'd just shoot it like I stole it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts