HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm seriously debating scrapping my USC to UMP conversion due to the mag issue. I'm not sure if HK is intentionally screwing us, or what the issue is, but there's really no point in doing a full conversion if I can't put a magazine in the damn thing.

I'm not sure how well my USC mag would work in the UMP lower, if it would flop all over the place and cause issues or not...

Should I just say screw it and keep it as a USC or invest more money into it not knowing if mags will ever be available again. I can't believe how people are price-gouging the mags, both on here and on Gunbroker. $300 reserve for two mags??? Please......

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
I would wait a bit and see what happens, odds are there going to be like the 9mm and 40 mags far as price and availability goes.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Well the problem you're going to face if you decide to scrap the project is that so many other people are. There are an awful lot of USC's for sale right now.

I'm in almost the same boat except I bought a .40 kit with mags so at least when I finish it I will be able to use it in .40 which was my intention from the start.

Someone has got to step up and start making domestic mags.. there's a lot of demand for them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in a position where I can start buying the lower and stock block and all that good stuff, but it's utterly worthless without a mag. Doesn't help that I have a Remington 700 Police that needs an optic..

Is HK purposely cutting off the US market or what is the deal?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The German government is cutting off civilian sales of anything machine gun related, as far as I know.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The German government is cutting off civilian sales of anything machine gun related, as far as I know.
Piss on 'em. Member "partshound" in a post a few weeks back says he would/might have US mags available by summer and later a receiver. I guess we will have to wait to see who else steps up to the plate. They will have alot of customers. Where is those dang Chinese when you need 'em.........

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
What is more likely is that HK didn't realize the market for these aftermarket conversions was growing so rapidly and the conversions have poached all of the inventory that was forecasted for actual LE sales.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You can use the USC mags in the UMP lower and keep them from wobbling with a couple of furniture self adhesive floor disks or pucks. The are the right thickness to use as filler to prevent wobble. The big box hardware stores have them. You can also use delrin shims with adhesive on the mags upper 1.25". Just a thought ...it does work. They are about an inch in diameter.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can use the USC mags in the UMP lower and keep them from wobbling with a couple of furniture self adhesive floor disks or pucks. The are the right thickness to use as filler to prevent wobble. The big box hardware stores have them. You can also use delrin shims with adhesive on the mags upper 1.25". Just a thought ...it does work. They are about an inch in diameter.
Ghetto. But I guess it'll work.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You won't see the shims or disks because they will be in the magwell. The buzz-kill is the post-ammo let down after you fire 10 rds.

Ghetto... heck yeah... but it works. I did the same on a USC/ProMag 40rd drum mod for my UMP, plus you can peel them off if you want to sell the 10 rounders. Works fine, I just don't use it anymore (sticking to UMP mags). Good luck on your quest for the mags. Seems like .40S&W are more available...now if there were only more conversion kits available?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey all,

I'm seriously debating scrapping my USC to UMP conversion due to the mag issue. I'm not sure if HK is intentionally screwing us, or what the issue is, but there's really no point in doing a full conversion if I can't put a magazine in the damn thing.

I'm not sure how well my USC mag would work in the UMP lower, if it would flop all over the place and cause issues or not...

Should I just say screw it and keep it as a USC or invest more money into it not knowing if mags will ever be available again. I can't believe how people are price-gouging the mags, both on here and on Gunbroker. $300 reserve for two mags??? Please......
I was thinking the same thing while finishing my conversion (I should have bought the mags first!). Now that I'm finished, I'm still happy that I did it since it feels and looks a lot better than the factory thumbhole stock. I'm currently using Pro-mag 10 rounders (I'm in California) to help meet my US parts count. And will eventually buy the UMP mags when they are available and more reasonably priced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts