HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,831 Posts
made on German HK tooling/machines.......its as close to a HK as they come, except not made in Germany.

I have a greek/Ebo Spingfield SAR8 and IMOP its as good or better than my german made HK's

I would rank them(FMP or EBo) as closer to HK than a PTR.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
In addition to what's been said, those are somewhat collectible because there weren't that many true pre-89 ban ones imported.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Agree totally with LP, with the SA "G3" being very rare! To expand on E99's observation, the G3S ("1/89" marked) are the "true" pre-89 rifles and are much rarer than the XG3S ("3/89" and "5/89" marked).
REPLY: I totoally agree also.A Greek or Port, G3 type rifle is as close to a factory gun as your going to get without buying HK. Germany was not the only country to use or manufacturer HK style weapons. Greece G3's EBO Early G3,SAR3,SAR8. Portugal G3S,XG3S just to name a few. There are far more. I've had 2 very early SAR3's(Greek) and there is not one difference in the gun whatsoever besides the markings. Function and finish were the same if not better.I had a FMP G3S Vollomer 51 SBR conversion and really there is no difference in it and the V51 I got from Vector except the price. Some of these third world countries did not have the cash to get a 5.56 weapon for their military so they kept the HK G3 wether it was Greece,Portugal,ETC>>>

·
Registered
266 Posts
Remember guys FMP Made and sent guns to Hk to go to the German army.(about 50.000 gun's sent to germany)
as Hk contract agmt....made on German Mech to German Spec..just not stamped Hk IS ALL! all the same...take all you FMP guns and all you Hk guns and all parts will swap...mix and match...even all the greek guns will do the same...as per HK contract agmt and spec.. just not stamped Hk is all..

try that with the us made clones..dont work.....to bad so sad...

·
Super Moderator
2,831 Posts
same with others, like Norway, Denmark etc......sent back to germany as part of the lic agreement.

Remember guys FMP Made and sent guns to Hk to go to the German army.(about 50.000 gun's sent to germany)
as Hk contract agmt....made on German Mech to German Spec..just not stamped Hk IS ALL! all the same...take all you FMP guns and all you Hk guns and all parts will swap...mix and match...even all the greek guns will do the same...as per HK contract agmt and spec.. just not stamped Hk is all..

try that with the us made clones..dont work.....to bad so sad...

·
Registered
27 Posts
REPLY: I totoally agree also.A Greek or Port, G3 type rifle is as close to a factory gun as your going to get without buying HK. Germany was not the only country to use or manufacturer HK style weapons. Greece G3's EBO Early G3,SAR3,SAR8. Portugal G3S,XG3S just to name a few. There are far more. I've had 2 very early SAR3's(Greek) and there is not one difference in the gun whatsoever besides the markings. Function and finish were the same if not better.I had a FMP G3S Vollomer 51 SBR conversion and really there is no difference in it and the V51 I got from Vector except the price. Some of these third world countries did not have the cash to get a 5.56 weapon for their military so they kept the HK G3 wether it was Greece,Portugal,ETC>>>
Portugal is NOT a third world country.

(Ressurecting way old thread just for you to know that)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I agree with BigDuke - HK contract is not "clone." A "clone" is a copy that is made without a license from HK (my definition). FMP parts are made under a HK license. HK is a corporation (e.g. a name on a piece of paper) that exists because people are authorized to carry out tasks on its behalf.

But HK contract parts are not "HK" and they are not "German" or "all German" (which is how I often see them advertised).

I think it is most accurate to refer to an FMP G3 as an "FMP" G3 or maybe as a "contract" G3. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Clone.

The flats from Turkey were made on HK equipment. Many were completed with German parts kits...still a clone.

After a period of time, many of the countries that HK set up, started to make changes to their processes and quality of materials. Clone.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Pars International was the importer of a few pre and a good many post 89 import ban Portugese rifles, G3S and XG3S, respectively.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Clone or not to clone...

Most defintions are dna related, however, dictionary.com has the "jargon definition" as:

1. An exact copy of a product, made legally or illegally, from documentation or by reverse engineering, and usually cheaper.

My friend just got back from his honeymoon and the catch phrase in shops in Europe was "Genuine Fake".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts