HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hate doing a post like this because they can be very redundant. However I only have until 6pm tomorrow to decide so I would like some input. So here's the proposition.

I trade away an AK date USP 40 V1 stainless full size with Jet funnel and 2 16 rd mags. Standard sights

I get a P30L 9mm V2 with a trigger job and 5 mags. Standard sights.

I already have a P30Ls in 9mm. But honestly I wouldn't mind having 2 of em and I rarely shoot the USP 40. Here's a pic of my USP. God I don't know what to do, but I am leaning towards making the trade.
Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Both sweet pistols. I think I would trade for the P30L v2....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
What's the use of the USP? If you don't have a defined use for it, I would consider making the trade. However, who did the trigger job on the P30, and is the difference of one with a safety and one without going to present issues for you?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the use of the USP? If you don't have a defined use for it, I would consider making the trade. However, who did the trigger job on the P30, and is the difference of one with a safety and one without going to present issues for you?
The USP has no real use for me it sits in a safe. I got it because I really like the stainless but I have kind of fallen out of love with the 40 sw rd. The P30L would probably replace my P30Ls as my every day carry. I'm not sure who did the trigger work but I shot it and it is sweet.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The USP has no real use for me it sits in a safe. I got it because I really like the stainless but I have kind of fallen out of love with the 40 sw rd. The P30L would probably replace my P30Ls as my every day carry. I'm not sure who did the trigger work but I shot it and it is sweet.
Sounds like you have your mind made up than!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Never worry about getting rid of a gun you don't want, specially when that means getting one that you do want. My question is what are you waiting for?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would probably do it, if you like/dont mind 9mm its a good deal......if trigger job was executed by a reputable smith. Try it out and go for it :100000: Just be sure you wont miss your stainless .40

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds like an ok trade to me since you don't have a use for the USP, however, not knowing the source of the trigger job would cause me to shy away personally.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah Wolvee I've seen your P30L on the Tube. Love those serrations along the top. Now that I may have 2 of them, I might try some cool additions like that on one of em.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Just gonna toss this in the mix:

The 40 Jet mags at 16 rounds would be a good entry gun into USPSA Limited Division. There is a lot of 40 hate out there, but it is the ticket for Limited Division guns looking to make major PF. Granted the HK is a bit handicapped in Limited, but it would be an entry gun.

If the OP has any interest in competition, you may think about that before trading.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I don't think the .40 USP even in stainless is going to be a highly sought after "collector" gun, so I would say if you are not going to use it, go ahead and do the trade.
I wound up getting rid of most of my USPs and changing out to P30 / HK45 series guns and have been very happy with them
The 9mm P30 will hold 15+1 so that's only 1 less than what you have now in .40 (16+1), and since you wanted to stay 9mm / .45 there is not really a downside.

·
Super Moderator
6,047 Posts
I would figure out who did the trigger job, and then probably do it. The USP is a beautiful pistol, but it is better to have more pistols that you will use, than one that doesn't see action.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just gonna toss this in the mix:

The 40 Jet mags at 16 rounds would be a good entry gun into USPSA Limited Division. There is a lot of 40 hate out there, but it is the ticket for Limited Division guns looking to make major PF. Granted the HK is a bit handicapped in Limited, but it would be an entry gun.

If the OP has any interest in competition, you may think about that before trading.
I have thought about it but that is actually the reason the guy I would be trading with wants the USP. He competes all over the place and wants to step into a USP. Also the trigger job I found out was done by Bill Springfield.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I trade away an AK date USP 40 V1 stainless full size with Jet funnel and 2 16 rd mags. Standard sights

I get a P30L 9mm V2 with a trigger job and 5 mags. Standard sights.
The P30L V2 only recently became available. What kind of trigger work was performed?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well thanks all for any input. I am going to sleep on it. Please still add any opinions on the matter, and I will check em out tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts