HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
selling/trading my hk p30 v3 on another forum (vaguntrader.com) and ran into a horribly uninformed individual. not sure if i'm over-reacting or not, but was pretty insulted by his message saying he'd trade my hk p30 v3 in excellent condition + $300 cash for his new glock 17L. the message:

"I'm not a big HK fan. As you have probably observed in the time your post has been up, I'm in the majority, not the minority.

That said, I do respect the engineering and quality represented in that pistol.

So, I would take it on trade, but it would have to be priced right.

I've already had several replies on the 17L, so I don't expect it to last long. The Glocks are wildly popular and sell fast. The 17L is very hard to find (especially a new one).

I'd work the trade with your pistol and $300 cash."

I'm right to be pissed, or not?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Nah, no reason to let something like that get you upset. The Glock value is around $550-$600 and three hundred is going to bridge the gap. If you were looking for a Glock, that would be a pretty fair trade. The rest of his words were just trying to plant the seed of urgency in your mind.

Take it or leave it, but no reason to be upset, IMO.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I think the guy wanted the P30 plus $300 from the OP, not the other way around. In that case, I'd literally laugh my arse off.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Ohhhhh, I see. If that was the case, then my apologies for misunderstanding. I'd just move on OP if that was the case, no reason to let the interwebs get ya' pissed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Apollo i think hes saying the guy wanted to trade his glock for the hk p30 + 300 dollars... Making it a 850, 900 dollar glock 17 lol.

You know, ive owned glocks, HK's, walthers, xdm's and one sig sauer. Some people just need to justify why they spent alot of money on their pistol, so they are completely one sided and never give credit to any other gun manufacturer. There are people on this site that bash anything that isnt an HK... But in reality buying a gun is an organic process... Everyone is different, and no one gun feels and shoots the same for Everyone. I like guns that fit great in my hand... Thats why i love my walther ppq and my hk p30. But i know not everyone feels the same way i do...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup, he wanted my p30 + $300 cash for the opportunity to have the glock. i've been bouncing back and forth between being mad about it and laughing my a$$ off. oh well, guess i'll have to keep this crappy HK.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yup, he wanted my p30 + $300 cash for the opportunity to have the glock. i've been bouncing back and forth between being mad about it and laughing my a$$ off. oh well, guess i'll have to keep this crappy HK.
What? That's practically a steal for you, getting rid of that crappy HK for a high-end gun like the Glock, especially if it is a super-reliable Gen4! ;)

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,023 Posts
It's a Glock 17L ... not the standard Glock 17. Yes, the Glock 17 retails around $550-600 for the Gen4.
The Glock 17L (6" barrel....) is VERY hard to find. Given how rare they are and how much more expensive rare models can be.... $900 for a new Glock 17L doesn't seem that expensive...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
granted, it is a 17L BNIB; quite the find, no doubt, but to discount my venerable HK P30 and then to say i'd need to pay $300 on top of that was a little much to take.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It's a Glock 17L ... not the standard Glock 17. Yes, the Glock 17 retails around $550-600 for the Gen4.
The Glock 17L (6" barrel....) is VERY hard to find. Given how rare they are and how much more expensive rare models can be.... $900 for a new Glock 17L doesn't seem that expensive...
A quick search of GunBroker currently has them going for $500-$700 max.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow. I have seen some BS while selling stuff... but wow. That's beyond low balling... I wouldn't waste time replying though. Why get mad at an idiot... They never have a bad day so... Just ignore it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds like he might have been a salesman of vacuum cleaners or kitchen knives at one point too... that's a sales pitch that is learned.

Make what you have seem like it was a bad choice
which makes you feel insecure about your purchase
try to get you to see value of his product
offer to be the good guy (I guess I could take it off your hands)
Limited time only- hurry
wait for you to seal the deal

Slam the door in his face after throwing their "free gift" out toward the road. I hate people like this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Him offering you that deal shows his true ignorance in the business. Yeah maybe the glock is hard to find but it's still a glock ! Everyone and their mother has a glock these days...and nothing beats HK !!! You should counter with and even more ridiculous offer like...give me the glock and $700 and I'll give u tr HK ! Lol

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
I think he needs to read Pointblanks article on how to not be a DBAG on gun forums....

1 - 20 of 62 Posts