HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a auto pistol for my first handgun. Been around guns all my life but decided its time to get a pistol for my own. The hk p30s v2 in 9mm i believe is what i held and omg it felt AMAZING in my hand. Any input on this model would be greatly appreciated. There were two guns i was thinking on and the other was the xdm 9mm. It didnt feel at all as GREAT in my hand as the p30. Any wisdom between these two would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much guys!

-Tony

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
If you search for P30, you'll find plenty of discussions about this gun, as recent as this morning.
Short answer is yes, buy it, and you won't regret.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there tremendous difference in kick between a 9mm and a 40?? My friends are giving me lots of guff cause im looking at a 9mm over a 40...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Give them grief when u buy the .45c, just saying

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My only reason for leaning towards the 9mm is because i shot my friends glock in a 40 cal and absolutely hated it. Im not gun shy by any means. I shoot a long gun Ruger 300 win mag and i love it. But i hated the glock. Thats whats "scaring" me, for a lack of better terms, from purchasing my first handgun in 40 cal. Thats why im asking for your guy's wisdom. I dont want my first pistol to be a mistake. Thanks for dealing with all my noob questions. I am going to be purchasing a p30 this week but am stuck between the 9mm vs. the 40 cal.

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
The P30 in 9 has virtually no recoil. I'd get the 9 first, then a .40 a few weeks later. LOL
Trust me, you will.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im basing my decision of starting with the 9mm becausebi shot my friends glock in the 40 cal and absolutely ht ated it. Do you guys feel that judging from my lack of experience and basing offf the glock is a poor decision on going with a 9mm vs a 40??? I just dont want to be disappointed is all. i dont know anyone in iowa with either of the two calibers to try both of them out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im basing my decision of starting with the 9mm becausebi shot my friends glock in the 40 cal and absolutely ht ated it. Do you guys feel that judging from my lack of experience and basing offf the glock is a poor decision on going with a 9mm vs a 40??? I just dont want to be disappointed is all. i dont know anyone in iowa with either of the two calibers to try both of them out.
You've got to go with the caliber that is most comfortable to you and feels best to you. Recoil should be very close to the same between the 9 and the .40 cal. I just purchased the P30 V2 LEM today and absolutely love the feel of it. I also have a 9mm and an XDm 45 compact. The 40 is sweet but the 9 should be equally sweet if that is what is most comfortable for you. I struggled with the cost of the HK line vs. other manufacturers but the quality and fit/finish is unmatched in my opinion. My XDm is a fine .45 but have already had issue with the magazines not seating well and have had to send it off to Springfield after less than a month. I plan to trade it on an HK 45 compact when it returns from the shop. You won't be disappointed with the P30 in either caliber.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your input. i greatly appreciate your help. i cant wait till i get it. ill let you guys know soon what i end up with and how things pan out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts