HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
A search will reveal a member here has one. I can’t imagine what it would take to get him to sell.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I personally know where 4 out of the 14 are and have been trying to buy one for over a decade. They are certainly very elusive and hard to obtain.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
I personally know where 4 out of the 14 are and have been trying to buy one for over a decade. They are certainly very elusive and hard to obtain.
A couple years ago, through channels, I offered the equivalent value of two registered sears for one...I was turned down and I’m not sure I was all that close.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,611 Posts
I was always told there were only six.

MVC-436S.JPG

This one I photographed in the HKO Pattern Room is 004. The member here who owns one has 006. Who has documentation of eight to ten more? I have never seen it.
@Brobus?

This is also the claim of the Kersten and Schmid HK Red Book from 2000.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
I think that number is 16, and DEEP pockets required.
You know, it’s funny how this number has changed over the years I’ve been in the HK game. Pre internet to early internet, the P7M7 was an urban legend that some said one was sighted, while others said they were a myth. Years later there was discussion there were around seven that existed, and perhaps Jim Schatz even downplayed that many. Then the number was said to be eleven or twelve (in various states of operability/completion). Then I heard about a cut-away, now 16 of them? Practically boring at this point. :1900000:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Are they even functional??
All the ones I have seen have had hydraulic buffers. I surely doubt that the original buffers would retain their original “WE” (equivalent weight) which would make them unsafe to fire. I have seen many K3 hydraulic buffers fail from not being exercised and/or improperly stored. I would be happy to help anyone with manufacturing a new M7 hydraulic buffer should anyone want to fire theirs.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
The Gray Room 007 has no buffer, a welded repair to the slide, and is nickel plated (plus other issues I’m sure). I’d have to check my pics to determine which trigger. :wink:

·
Maximum effort
809 Posts
The Gray Room has 002.

There are probably more than the initial 6, made later with remaining parts, or for specific purposes, like demo units or Miami Vice.

Who knows! Pics or it didn't happen! :)

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,611 Posts
The Gray Room has 002.

There are probably more than the initial 6, made later with remaining parts, or for specific purposes, like demo units or Miami Vice.

I'm with Clausewitz. Just saying you know for a fact leaves me skeptical. Even if you're a P7 heavy hitter like @Brobus.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
I'm with Clausewitz. Just saying you know for a fact leaves me skeptical. Even if you're a P7 heavy hitter like @Brobus.
Like I posted previously, people were saying the exact same thing 25-30 years ago, whether the P7M7 even existed...pics or it didn't happen.

·
Premium Member
R.L.T.W.
279 Posts
The Gray Room has 002.

Clausewitz - This has absolutely nothing to do with HK but your name gives me PTSD. After spending a year at Leavenworth/CGSC studying the theories and political aspects of war, seeing your name brings me back to a moment when my mind was total blown. All in good fun:)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts