HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
All the ones I have seen have had hydraulic buffers. I surely doubt that the original buffers would retain their original “WE” (equivalent weight) which would make them unsafe to fire. I have seen many K3 hydraulic buffers fail from not being exercised and/or improperly stored. I would be happy to help anyone with manufacturing a new M7 hydraulic buffer should anyone want to fire theirs.
That’s generous of you.

Are you in the manufacturing industry?

·
Registered
727 Posts
That’s generous of you.

Are you in the manufacturing industry?
I come from an electrical and mechanical engineering background. I currently make my own K3 buffers. Once you you know the amount of energy (mass times speed) and the collision speed, it’s easy to figure out the “WE” (equivalent weight) and stoke. From there it’s just a matter of finding a mini correct shock absorber that can be milled to fit.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'd love to let you dig it out of there to research it, but, yeah...

With that small of a bore and that long of a stroke it’s only a matter of time before that buffer would fail. There is a lot of new technology out there that was not available 30-40 years ago. We should replace the original linear decelerating buffer and replace is with a self compensating shorter stroke exponential buffer. The recoil would be softer and it should feel less snappy when the slide hits the back position.

“If you send it, I will build it”.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Like I posted previously, people were saying the exact same thing 25-30 years ago, whether the P7M7 even existed...pics or it didn't happen.

Pop quiz:

In what year did HK change from the white lettering to the laser engraving on their P7 boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,588 Posts

Pop quiz:

In what year did HK change from the white lettering to the laser engraving on their P7 boxes?

This is far from proof of numbers north of 006. I'm from Missouri. Show me. :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
From you, I’m thinking it’s a trick question.
Not a trick question, but I’m sure you will find it very interesting when you consider the above box is laser engraved. Remember, there were supposedly 6 made in 1983 and serial 006 was dated out of the factory in 1985 (IF).

·
Maximum effort
809 Posts
Paging Mr. Pitt, Brad Pitt, please report to the thread, a meme is required. :biggrin:

Reactions: Lamont

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Not a trick question, but I’m sure you will find it very interesting when you consider the above box is laser engraved. Remember, there were supposedly 6 made in 1983 and serial 006 was dated out of the factory in 1985 (IF).
Maybe some insiders made a few more for their own purposes, or for a few affluent “friends.” Exact same thing happened with the US Mint in the 1800’s when there were fewer controls in place. Rare coins were re-struct, sometimes decades after the date on the coin.

·
Registered
34,595 Posts
Pop quiz:

Do you mean from cardboard to plastic??? :confused:
If so, then 1983 (notwithstanding the HKI/Columbus-Trussville or oddball importers). :wink:
If not, please provide pictures of what you are describing--- I will revisit your query then!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
If so, then 1983 (notwithstanding the HKI/Columbus-Trussville or oddball importers). :wink:
If not, please provide pictures of what you are describing--- I will revisit your query then!!! :biggrin:

Tony
I believe he is talking about the white lettering found on the black plastic boxes.

·
Registered
727 Posts

Tony
Here is a pic of a P7M8 and box with white lettering (non laser engraved). It has a “KI”date code (1998) so the change would have to be sometime after this which would mean that the M7 box I showed would have left the factory after that.

·
Maximum effort
809 Posts
At some point the white lettering on the plastic boxes moved to just being engraved, not filled in white.

Reactions: Lamont
21 - 40 of 55 Posts