HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Given the controls in place for German proof houses and such, can we presume the date codes on the guns are accurate? Or, as speculated here, could some of the later guns be parts guns? While my knowledge of these guns is extremely limited, it seems many of the early serial numbered guns have various mechanical issues and structural flaws, while some of the later guns are essentially flawless.

·
Registered
727 Posts
At some point the white lettering on the plastic boxes moved to just being engraved, not filled in white.
Yes, you are correct and that is the point I’m trying to make. The above M7 box left the factory after that change which means it was made much later then the 6 made in 1983. I have been sworn to secrecy and CAN NOT reveal any more information. Unlike some other members here, I don NOT share confidential information or make videos of my client guns without permission.

·
Registered
34,563 Posts
I believe he is talking about the white lettering found on the black plastic boxes.
Here is a pic of a P7M8 and box with white lettering (non laser engraved). It has a “KI”date code (1998) so the change would have to be sometime after this which would mean that the M7 box I showed would have left the factory after that.
Well--- "P7" (not P7M8/P7M13) boxes were mentioned!!! :biggrin:
Okay--- my guess: :wink:

P7M8- 1983
P7M13- 1987

Tony

·
Registered
34,563 Posts
If it’s HK related I don’t doubt anything you say!
Thanks for the kind words, but I can always lack the information to render a more concise opinion!!! :wink:
I try to learn more every day, and do not mind being corrected--- if it can be backed up. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Tony

·
Priest of the P7
4,796 Posts
Somewhat off topic here, but what is the best way to store a K3 buffer?
Because of the unique combination of humidity, pH, salinity, and protection from sunlight, your best option for long term storage is to "keister it".

Reactions: brn2xl

·
Registered
727 Posts
Somewhat off topic here, but what is the best way to store a K3 buffer?
The original P7K3 buffers are basically a pressurized chamber with a piston. When the seal on the piston dries out the air is able escape causing the buffer to go bad. Think of it like a champagne bottle standing up. The cork will eventually dry out, the air will escape and the champagne will go bad. Now place the champagne bottle on its side where the cork will stay wet. It will last a lot longer that way. The same thing applies with a P7k3 buffer. It is best to store it with the barrel facing down and you should try to rotating it a few times every couple of weeks to keep the seals wet.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
When you say " pressurized chamber", I'm assuming pressurized with air or some type of gas since liquid does not compress. Is there a liquid in there with the air or gas? I'm trying to figure out how just air or gas would keep the seals wet.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
want to buy H&K P7M7 45acp
You could have had one 2 years ago when you asked me to get you one, but you had to muddy the freaking waters by asking everyone else too. Surprise surprise, the owner (not Clauswitz) all of a sudden has a half dozen different people asking him about this gun....and a bidding war....and you single handedly managed to almost triple the asking price (last known sale) of one of these guns by stumbling around like that. Good job.

If your not so secret "super client" knew how many uber rare H&K's you screwed him out of by bidding on that P9S Target I TOLD YOU belonged to me AFTER I gave you a friendly heads up about it being on GB while I dealt with ATF and the Hamburg Kriminalpolizei, it's like "my client wanted it".... really? Too bad it was half of a SG3 and I had the other half.....:wink: and was stolen property (Aug/Has) I think he'd be less than happy with you. Even more so if he knew 2 years ago I could have put that gun in your hands for under $100K, these days it would run you $250K. And why should I arrange that for you instead of someone else.....my commission is the same, and regardless of what you think, not only are you not the only guy paying top prices for top H&K guns these days, you don't even do that because you want everyone to send you what they have without prices attached so you can just forward it to your client without him knowing how bad you're soaking him.....even folks with that kind of money care about that.....

You're lucky I never took more offense to what you tried to pull there than I did, and then of all things when I tell people about this, you claimed I slandered you and wanted a $5K check from me to continue doing business with me.....help you with your boat payments no doubt......and you wonder why I think you might be "losing it"...I told you I was pretty sure you hadn't run that by your lawyer...:biggrin:..remember that? I do. I don't delete ANYTHING. Especially stuff like that, you have your own archive. You'd have to be crazy to demand something like that, never mind write it down in an email. "Serious judgement fail", on top of bidding on a gun you've been told by someone you know is stolen property.

If I'd really taken offense, I'd have got on a plane and discussed it with your client. Still might. It wouldn't be the first time. And don't think I couldn't manage to get his ear in person for a couple minutes, you'd be adding that to the list of you'd think. But who knows, maybe he will read this and contact me.....

But hey, Good Luck on the search..... :wink:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts