HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an HK34 cocking tube. Trying to have one built in CA and this is holding me back. I am signed up on HK parts to be notified, but we are on a deadline here in Ca.

Thanks for Looking!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I probably need to +1 that and would appreciate any pointers.

Counting down to 2017 I got a SW5 HK94A2 clone which runs well in spite of short bolt gap at .15-.20mm, but found my eyes are too old to focus on a front sight at that distance in low light (Reed's indoor range) or glasses prescription too out of date. I'm wondering if another 3.5" would be sufficient.

I'm in an OK grandfathered configuration, but need to resolve this before registering so I don't need an assault weapon permit holding gunsmith or shipping hassles.

Also note that to be grandfathered you must possess your semiautomatic center fire rifle which
  • does not have a detachable magazine
  • does not have a fixed magazine
  • does have an enumerated feature, notably the pistol grip
before January 1st. A bare receiver is not yet a rifle, semi-automatic, or center-fire; and lacks a "feature."

·
Registered
43 Posts
  • does not have a detachable magazine
  • does not have a fixed magazine
Not sure what this means? Mag locked?
With a "bullet button".

You are building a center-fire semi-automatic rifle with a pistol grip. With a detachable magazine it'd be an illegal assault weapon. With a magazine lock requiring disassembly to remove it'd have a fixed magazine and not turn into a grandfathered assault weapon on January 1, 2017.

CA penal code which goes into effect January 1, 2017:
30515(b) For purposes of this section, “fixed magazine” means an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action.
DOJ regulations
5469 (a) "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts