HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
As the title says, I'm looking for a stripped HK93 barrel with the highly desirable 1x7 twist rate. NOS / nearly NOS condition preferred.

If you have one to offer, or know where I may be able to find one, please shoot me a PM here on HKPRO.

Thanks very much in advance,
--Brian

·
Registered
390 Posts
FYI - I’m pretty sure the 1/12 barrel typically stabilizes the 62gr bullets as long as it is left in the full 16” length. Have you had keyhole issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI - I’m pretty sure the 1/12 barrel typically stabilizes the 62gr bullets as long as it is left in the full 16” length. Have you had keyhole issues?

Hi and thanks for your reply.
I've not experienced keyhole issues previously, but definitely would be running 62+ grain ammo through this barrel. So, I figured the 1x7 would be the better option.

·
Registered
390 Posts
WTB: HK93 Barrel, stripped, 1x7 Twist Rate

Hi and thanks for your reply.
I've not experienced keyhole issues previously, but definitely would be running 62+ grain ammo through this barrel. So, I figured the 1x7 would be the better option.
Yeah the 1/7 is better but it’s my understanding that unless you’re having keyhole issues the 62 grain should be fine. I haven’t had any issues with my 93 shooting 62 grain M855. However I will say if you build a shorter barreled HK33K or HK53 you should absolutely have the 1/7 barrel.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the 1/7 is better but it’s my understanding that unless you’re having keyhole issues the 62 grain should be fine. I haven’t had any issues with my 93 shooting 62 grain M855. However I will say if you build a shorter barreled HK33K or HK53 you should absolutely have the 1/7 barrel.

Thanks very much for your info. I have no plans to shorten the barrel at all, as I'm trying to build up a 93-type as close to a real 93 as possible. I'd just buy a 93 all set up already if possible, but where I live they are banned by name.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thanks very much for your info. I have no plans to shorten the barrel at all, as I'm trying to build up a 93-type as close to a real 93 as possible. I'd just buy a 93 all set up already if possible, but where I live they are banned by name.
Wow, well that sucks! Good luck with the build.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts