HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
**My unsolicited $0.02 to follow:
I completely understand your desire for a particular setup. That said, having shot a KAC and a Silencerco Osprey .45, I opted for the Osprey .45 for my USP .45 Tactical and have had zero regrets (after 6 yrs)...it’s a phenomenal can!

-Patchez

·
Registered
526 Posts
Another vote for the Osprey 45.

the KAC is unobtainium since they aren’t made any more and people that have them won’t let them go because of NFA laws

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I have an Octane 45HD and a M16x1 RH piston on the way. So that will be the placeholder. I‘m now also on the lookout for an Osprey.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are owned by Knesek. They don’t have them in stock and require a 30% cash up front deposit (no cc) to be on the list. I’m still debating on sending in my deposit or dropping off the list.

Thank you for checking.

Says they’re in stock. Let me add it to cart. 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I bought mine a couple of years ago I couldn't find them anywhere. I actually called Knights; got bumped around to a couple of different people until the last guy---no i don't remember his name. He put me on hold for a few and came back on the line and gave me names of a few shops to call. I did and got one---i think it was Knesek. Im shocked every time i shoot it. its crazy how well balanced that big pistol is with that big can. I liked it so much that I bought one for my tactical when a shop was blowing out the tactical version for less than the cost of a tactical piston.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
There is no substitute for the KAC can on a 23 or Tactical. OK maybe a factory B&T since that was also an approved can.

Sure, other things work, but having the period correct setup is just cool, regardless of how impractical it is. Also why my NT4 will never leave my M4.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
They are owned by Knesek. They don’t have them in stock and require a 30% cash up front deposit (no cc) to be on the list. I’m still debating on sending in my deposit or dropping off the list.

Thank you for checking.
I would not send in a deposit, at least not without an explanation why it is needed.

The typical way these cans are being made is group buy runs, and money is not required until you have like 50 committed. There is no need for them to take deposits. I did Mk23/USP run it was like that. I Cliff did one for MP5SD, same thing. Not sure if KAC will still do custom runs, but trey has been very helpful in getting these done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Probably just to gauge the seriousness of folks. People are super flaky and I’m sure they don’t want to be stuck with a bunch of $1300 niche cans.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I have an Octane 45HD and a M16x1 RH piston on the way. So that will be the placeholder. I‘m now also on the lookout for an Osprey.
That's a great can! Easy to clean and versatile. I bought the Tirant 45 to go with mine many years ago. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
About $1325-$1400 or so.

Just emailed KAC for some help.
About $1325-$1400 or so.

Just emailed KAC for some help.
This is a great thread. Very informative. If there is a list that all potential buyers of the KAC suppressor can get on so that they produce a run of them, let me know. I am also willing to email/petition KAC if that helps. In fact, I will give them a call tomorrow and definitely send an email out as well. Thank you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is a great thread. Very informative. If there is a list that all potential buyers of the KAC suppressor can get on so that they produce a run of them, let me know. I am also willing to email/petition KAC if that helps. In fact, I will give them a call tomorrow and definitely send an email out as well. Thank you!
KAC wrote back. They are completely out of stock and estimate at least six months before having any ready to go out to dealers/distributors.

I’ll keep hunting and let you know what I find out.

·
HKPRO Professional
247 Posts
I'd buy a KAC for mine. But after waiting over a year for my last two NFA items to be approved, and considering that the FBI (and China, thanks to OPM) has all of my identifiers and entire life history at their fingertips, plus the fact that I am getting way up in years and haven't much time to waste, I won't buy another until the government applies their newfangled Equity to the process. Lifespan-based actuarial determination of who gets processed immediately and who has the spare year to sit around and wait for his rights to be...approved.

Reactions: goloud
1 - 20 of 30 Posts