HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I'm pretty new to the NFA world with only an SBS and pending SBR (both form 1). As my collection expands, I'm researching suppressors, but in the meantime, a friend of mine has convinced me to pull the trigger (so to speak) on a machinegun. I've decided I want to dive in head first with this purchase to buy the "Cadillac" of machine guns. Specifically, I'm looking to match his direction with a registered MP5 Sear Frame. He was lucky enough to purchase a DLO from the original maker himself, but that's not available to me at this time. So specifically, I'm looking for one of the following:
DLO trigger frame
Tim Lafrance trigger frame
another brand trigger frame
From my research, I've come to understand that these registered frames are more desired because the internal trigger components can be replaced easier, and the frame was modified prior to registration to fit most semi-auto HK firearms. Currently I do not own any host guns, so if it's coming in a host that would be great, but I am just as happy purchasing without a host gun. I understand the general level of money and time this transaction will require and I am prepared for it. I chose not to post a specific asking price for fear of under/over asking and don't fully understand the market price at this time. I would love to hear from anybody willing to sell one of these directly as well as any other information/recommendations.
Thank you.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,656 Posts
Unprofessional drama not needed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just dropped a down-payment on a DLO pack with a HK91 host. I'm confident I'll be having fun in a few months!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Congrats! That's how it's done. No long discussions, wonky contracts or b.s. Meet, agree to terms, shake hands, and make payment. Wait for form transfer.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
A beautiful thing my friend. Congrats on your sear purchase! The 91 is a fantastic gun and you'll have lots of fun with it. Not sure if you have other hosts, but if not, start looking for an MP5 or MP5k (or any variant of the MP5). The 308 host guns can wear you out after a bit of shooting full auto and it's really really nice to have a 9mm subgun to play with. I spent the morning feeding my MP5k with sear about 1200 rounds and I'm no worse for wear. My G3k is awesome, but it tires me out pretty quickly.

Just my .02 brother. Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy the new toy. I'll be able to have a little more fun with mine before the new owners payment clears. I'll still have my other German toys to play with but they are getting to pricey to drive any more. They are also the reason I have to sell the DLO box and an MP5, gotta pay off the second one.

What's more fun than full auto toys? A 930 turbo under full boost in 3rd gear, that's when the white stripes on the road become a solid white line and looking off to side makes you feel wierd because you can't focus on anything. Eyes forward because your going fast,way over the speed limit.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Not relevant to this but a 86 Porsche 930 is one of the most fun driving experiences I have had. Its raw, loud air cooled engine and turbos make it one of the few cars needing no radio. and feels like a go kart on the road more than a car. There are faster cars and even Porsche cars like the Carrera GT... but I always wanted a 930 (or a 935 if I could get one)

Anyway congrats on getting your pack!!!!!

Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy the new toy. I'll be able to have a little more fun with mine before the new owners payment clears. I'll still have my other German toys to play with but they are getting to pricey to drive any more. They are also the reason I have to sell the DLO box and an MP5, gotta pay off the second one.

What's more fun than full auto toys? A 930 turbo under full boost in 3rd gear, that's when the white stripes on the road become a solid white line and looking off to side makes you feel wierd because you can't focus on anything. Eyes forward because your going fast,way over the speed limit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts