HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lookling for a hard case for my mp5sd, one that hopefully has pre-cut foam and is as small as possible. I have looked at pelican but couldnt find one with the collapsible stock, so thats an extra 8 or so inches. Have also loked at eagle industires (didnt find any close) and steel hawk industires (nothing close).

the pre cut foam is something I think would be nice but isnt required. being as close to the length of the mp5sd with collapsed stock is my main looking point..

thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Jens

·
Registered
329 Posts
You're probably not going to find a form fitted MP5SD case anywhere on the market, your best bet is to just find a case that has the right dimensions then cut the foam out yourself.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Personally I'd go with a pellican 1700 and cut it out yourself, you can get them new on ebay for as low as about $130. Much cheaper than the $300-somthing they want for the pre cut ones.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have been lookling for a hard case for my mp5sd, one that hopefully has pre-cut foam and is as small as possible. I have looked at pelican but couldnt find one with the collapsible stock, so thats an extra 8 or so inches. Have also loked at eagle industires (didnt find any close) and steel hawk industires (nothing close).

the pre cut foam is something I think would be nice but isnt required. being as close to the length of the mp5sd with collapsed stock is my main looking point..

thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Jens
Hey, did you ever find the case you were looking for? I have some that match exactly what you are looking for and they are original HK. Let me know

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hey, did you ever find the case you were looking for? I have some that match exactly what you are looking for and they are original HK. Let me know
I would be interested also.

·
Registered
129 Posts
$69.95 at Sam's club. They also have smaller 24" or 28" square ones. As seen they come with foam that is ready to be trimmed easily, the pressure equalization gauge/button like the high dollar cases, and it says water tight(Don't plan to test that). It even has wheels like luggage, which was the main reason I got it. I will be traveling to Florida in November with my samples in tow, and this will work perfect. I sold 9 of them in my shop in two days.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I would be interested also.
I bought one for both of my mp5 SBRs from him, however they are not nearly as indestructible as the newer generation of cases like the pelicans. However, they have that HK cool factor to them when they are open and look like a standard briefcase when closed, so my guns can and do travel with me while hiding in plain sight.

28754016_374095656397687_713763624031617024_n.jpg

Reactions: Lamont

·
Registered
175 Posts
I bought one for both of my mp5 SBRs from him, however they are not nearly as indestructible as the newer generation of cases like the pelicans. However, they have that HK cool factor to them when they are open and look like a standard briefcase when closed, so my guns can and do travel with me while hiding in plain sight.

View attachment 215336
Your rifle looks awesome in there. and yes, definitely not indestructible like a pelican, but hard sided, locks, looks like a normal briefcase, and definitely a cool factor!

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I strongly suggest getting one of the Pelicans. You can buy replacement foam. That way, you can have the middle layer customized for multiple gun combinations and change it out quickly for whatever you want to haul in the thing. I'm also not a fan of the separate cutouts for each mag. That is a waste of space.

Reactions: AutoLode

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've been looking around for the same thing for my SiG551 ... the only problem I have with Pelican 1700 is its huge and weighs as much as several MP5SD's, not to mention they are fairly expensive, but maybe none of that matters to you.

There's a company called Peak Case Company, they advertise on eBay and GunBroker, their smallest case is 37"x13", they have a lot of designs and do custom work for an additional $20 if you outline your own gun, a few mags ... And they will do a cutout of a pistol and mags for a complete package. To take up a bit of the extra space I bought a SiG 226 and a few mags ... Then they'll probably add it to the assortment of classes they offer. Their small cases are $144 and larger case are a bit more

They look really nice, a 2-tone interior and have lots good reviews, check them out at peak case.com

And if you do decide to go with a Pelican, they also cut their custom 2-tone foam for their cases too.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Here is a range case I put together for my SD out of a woodwind case and custom foam. Not designed as a heavy duty transport option but also doesn't weigh 25 pounds and fits in my little car.
177762d1518301775-gentleman-s-mp5-cases-mp5-sd-case.jpg

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Here is a range case I put together for my SD out of a woodwind case and custom foam. Not designed as a heavy duty transport option but also doesn't weigh 25 pounds and fits in my little car.
View attachment 215834
Nice cutouts for the logo. Quite spiffy.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
View attachment 215834

Who / where did you get your custom foam done?

·
Registered
129 Posts
View attachment 215834

Very nice job just as the others said. Any info on the foam you used? That looks to be thicker and more like rubber/foam.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi posters. Apologies - I've been garbage getting back to this thread. I'm going to just try and post a link to another post on HKPro where I showed a few of these cases (SD and MP5) with links to the case I used and the company that did the foam. 4npower, the cut out section is not the normal loose cell foam in that it is denser, impervious to oils and can be routed with a C&C machine. Here's the link to the other thread. I honestly like them and have had a few more done over time. Hope this helps.
https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hkpro-members-gallery/437666-gentleman-s-mp5-cases.html
Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts