HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 95% SAR8 overstamp.It looks every bit as good as my '91 but I just noticed that I can spin the flash hider 360 degrees.There is no side to side wobble nor is there any give at all if I try to pull it off or push it on,it just rotates 360.

When I rotate it I can feel a noticeable click as the retaining pin hits each one of the spines. Comparing it to my HK91 I can see more of the spline sticking out of the rear of the SAR8 flashider as compared to my '91.Roughly about 1/8 inch of spline is visible on the SAR8 and 1/16 on the '91.I have not fired this weapon yet.What do you guys think?

Thanx

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably just turn it until it tightens down and you should be good to go.

Thanks,That did it.I guess before I just turned it a couple turns one way then a couple turns the other way.What's best to put on the threads---Loctite Removeable Threadlocker?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If its a threaded on flash suppressor, it's just come untightened.

ETA

glad ya solved the problem :D

Blue Loctite wont hold it properly, as its not heat resistant, and you DO NOT want to use red loctite, unless you dont EVER plan on taking it off... You need to take a torch and heat it up to several hundred degrees to take it off.

You should just need to take a wrench (most flash suppressors have like 20mm wrench slots) and clamp her down real tight. Mabey use a crush washer, or peel washer or something (especially if it needs to be indexed) and it may hold it better. Flash suppressors should be tight enough that they dont come off, not that you cant take them back off again.

·
Registered
589 Posts
probably just turn it until it tightens down and you should be good to go.
Ditto.

The flash hider on my PTR is never tighter or looser than hand-tight no matter how much I shoot it. Yes, I take it off to clean it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everbody.I sure feel like a dumba**,when I noticed it was loose I just turned it a little one way then a little the other way.I was so freaked out that it didn't occur to me to keep on turning to see if it tightened up or came off.I'd just never had this happen with my hk91 or my V93.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A little bit of clear nail polish on the threads will usually keep them from loosening up without making them difficult to remove like red Loctite will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts