HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing out my hk45 backstraps and i found the copper wire under plastic i think in my grip what is it? its under the circle to the left

·
Registered
571 Posts
*Echo-niner to Overwatch. Tango has compromised surveillance tracking. Cease and desist all monitoring immediately.*

·
Registered
231 Posts
I was changing out my hk45 backstraps and i found the copper wire under plastic i think in my grip what is it? its under the circle to the left

Congrats
You are the lucky winner of a RFID tracking chip.
You know, sorta like the ones Eric Holder uses for inventory control!:wink:
Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
That is a RFID chip. It was originally instituted for use in pistols intended for LE/Mil. consumption as a method of identifying the pistol. It is not unusual that some of the pistols contracted by an agency remain as not purchased by them, and therefore some of these pistols made their way to the civilian market.

The chip is nothing more than a storage device. Simple data like serial number and round count can be stored on the chip. However, the chip cannot actively record data by itself and has no provision for doing so. A RFID chip reader used in close proximity to the chip is necessary to read or edit any data stored on the chip.

The presence of the chip is a complete non-issue. If you hate the (false) idea that the government is somehow tracking you, remove it and destroy it. It will not effect function of the pistol whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
The presence of the chip is a complete non-issue. If you hate the (false) idea that the government is somehow tracking you, remove it and destroy it. It will not effect function of the pistol whatsoever.
What? You saying that I've been lied to all this time? Here I thought it was some GPS, biometric tracking device destined to assist the government in tracking my round counts for tax purposes. You mean to tell me that it isn't? Man, I feel rather stupid.:wink:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Congrats
You are the lucky winner of a RFID tracking chip.
You know, sorta like the ones Eric Holder uses for inventory control!:wink:
Don't worry about it.
Except Holder didn't use tracking devices in Fast and Furious. Bush's program used tracking devices to control the guns after they walked into Mexico. When the RFID chips began to be removed, they dropped the sting. Holder never wanted to track them. He wanted the damge caused by them to be traced back to US gun stores to gin up support for another ban.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Well i'm going to spank the monkey even though it doesn't need spanking. hows that for a tin-foil hat satellite photo. and yes i will be covered in baby oil for you tactical fellows.
o btw guess were your rfid chip is located. Hint hint(will need a hampster to get it)
Um, wow.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh What the hell? What models had these? Anyone know what year they started putting these in? I can't believe more people aren't creeped out by this. Not that I think Eric Holder is listening to me take a crap, but that someday someone could scan it and say it was manufactured for govt or some corp.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh What the hell? What models had these? Anyone know what year they started putting these in? I can't believe more people aren't creeped out by this. Not that I think Eric Holder is listening to me take a crap, but that someday someone could scan it and say it was manufactured for govt or some corp.
I can't believe some people are as "creeped out" about this as they are. RFID tags are in alot of things, your credit card probably being one of them. I'd be much more concerned about that then one in my pistol containing only simple data like serial number.

Furthermore, the chip is so easily removed that it isn't an issue to those who do find it creepy. Just remove it, dispose of it, and move on with life. In fact, some people have reported the chip coming loose and falling off all on it's own.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Except Holder didn't use tracking devices in Fast and Furious. Bush's program used tracking devices to control the guns after they walked into Mexico. When the RFID chips began to be removed, they dropped the sting. Holder never wanted to track them. He wanted the damge caused by them to be traced back to US gun stores to gin up support for another ban.
Yea....... I heard that. I'm sure the investigation into F&F will be stonewalled until after the election. Really no telling what Obama will do to gun rights if he has nothing to loose if he is re-elected. We have already seen folks loose their Second Admentment right to keep & bear arms for a
misdemeanor with the stroke of a pen. I'm sure everyone remembers Bill Clinton's Executive Order!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I can't believe some people are as "creeped out" about this as they are. RFID tags are in alot of things, your credit card probably being one of them. I'd be much more concerned about that then one in my pistol containing only simple data like serial number.

Furthermore, the chip is so easily removed that it isn't an issue to those who do find it creepy. Just remove it, dispose of it, and move on with life. In fact, some people have reported the chip coming loose and falling off all on it's own.
Anybody who is 'creeped out' needs to stop and think about the group of retards that supposedly 'monitor' these...I bet the average troll has better surveillance skills....

·
Registered
549 Posts
If anyone is excessively creeped out or upset about the RFID tag, please just send your gun to me free of charge. I will find a way to get over any fears of the gov't tracking me. Feel free to PM me for my address. I'm waiting..........

·
Registered
881 Posts
It doesn't matter to me either way.
They are in my HK's too.

If anyone was worried about being tracked, they may want to stop using a computer and cell phone to be sure. lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
I took mine out and put in a little note that says:

''I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broken legs, do hereby leaveth my HK45 to whatever finds it. Lord hope it be a white man. lt is a good pistol, and killed the bear that killed me. Anyway, l am dead. Yours truly, Hatchet Jack.''

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Edit the RFID information in it to make it look like the information is from year 2129 so in the event someone ever checks it out they think you are from the future. You know they will still be using HK45s over 100 years from now.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I'd just suggest simply removing them and discarding them.
You'll pretty much find them on all newer HK pistols so just open up, remove, close up and call it a day.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts