HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to shoot a suppressed 10.3" 416. Would a PRI gasbuster charging handle be effective with this piston driven system or is it effective for the gas tube system only. Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
I've heard that the PRI gasbusters on a 416 will eventually lead to catastrophic failure. I have no idea why, but I plan on contacting the person who stated such information and find out who their source was. I can get back to you when I find out if this information is true or not.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Since the 416 does not introduce propellent gases into the upper receiver, there is no reason to use a 'gas buster" charging handle. if you want a larger gripping surface, that is another story.

·
Registered
4 Posts
416 charge handle

I would also like to know if it works.I am using a gemtech HALO on my 10.5"416 and get alot of blowback in my face.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,949 Posts
If memory serves correctly, the gas is vented through the forearm on the 416.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The 416 with 10 inch barrel still gives you a good amount of blowback (from the chamber) in the face when shooting suppressed. Not nearly as much as a standard 10 inch '16, but still an unpleasant amount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts