HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at KCR I had an opportunity to view a Hk11 clone built by Michael Otte of Michael's Machines. The fit and finish was excellent. Has anyone here run one with a sear/ trigger pack? If so how well does it run?

Any help/ imput would be appreciated.

TIA

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Does anyone know how Mike's current 11s are set up? Do they use the 21, 21e or 91/G3 recoil spring/rod? the 21 or the G3 heavy buffer?

·
Vendor
1,322 Posts
HK11 101

My MM11's run 100% with sears.
Just to be sure I just pulled one off the line that has never been fired.
Put a pack with a S&H style post sample sear with a factory hammer in it.
You should know that it is now "untimed" even. Put in a 20rd mag and
dumped them all flawless a little fast with the untimed hammer. Now the mechanics. My or any other 11's are nothing more than a G3/91 with a QC barrel.
The QC barrel makes NO difference (unless shortened). The barrels are almost identical in length. The insde specs. of the trunion are the same etc.
So what you have is exactly the same thing as a G3/91. I use a PTR91 rec.
with my trunion and all standard G3/91 stock/recoil spring/buffer/carrier/LP etc. They are 100% out of the gate. As to csbrit007's 11 not even firing singles there is obvious other issues. I would be happy to look at it. As to others doing all these things to fix "common problems" doesn't make any sense.
Thanks,Mike

·
Registered
670 Posts
It seems that after speaking with Mike about my 11 that I was incorrect about the weapon being built by him and openly apologize to him and the interested parties of his products.

It was not my intention to smear him or his work just to present info on a problem I am having with an 11 built by special weapons that I was incorrectly told he manufactured for them.

Scott

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
its identical from the trunion forward

·
Registered
215 Posts
The trunion is welded to the receiver, just like the 9x series rifles. The difference is with the bolt back you can grab the barrel handle and depress the barrel release and rotate it up aabout 45 degrees and push forward a couple of inches and pull the barrel out the side.

·
Registered
670 Posts
The trunion is welded to carrier just like an other 9x type. The similarities end there being that it is longer than a standard 9x rifle trunion allowing it to be machined for the QC barrel with a barrel lug channel inside and locking mechanism slots on the outer face as seen in the pic's

·
Registered
670 Posts
pic of the barrel out of the trunion

barrel is pushed rearward into the trunion with the handle in a 2oclock position allowing the barrel lugs to line up with the trunion channel while at the same time holding in the locking pin button on the barrel carry handle

The barrel is then twisted down 45 degrees lining up the locking pin with the lower slot in the trunion face effectively locking the barrel in place.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Thanks, great photos. I see, it's like a magazine fed 21. I've never seen a 21 at less than 3 or 4 feet away, and couldn't envision how the barrel would lock to the trunnion, so those pics are perfect.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yeah I only understand things when I have a visual of what I am working with. If you want any other angles let me know.

Once all the querks are worked out of it a new paint job is in order.

·
Registered
670 Posts
My rifle came to me as a problem child when I bought it used. I have no idea who the builder is exactly but basically the weapon was build of all HK tooled parts (HK or FMP) except for the receiver which seems to be either a US made one or an 80% import that Special Weapons then finished.

My specific rifle is having an issue with light primer strikes and Mike has been kind enough to offer his assistance in helping me solve the issue.

From the video of his MM13 his weapons seem to be running very well if you are considering purchasing one. I honestly wish I had saved my money and bought one of his MM11's being offering now but when I bought mine they weren't available.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts