HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a HK 91 that I plan on using my sear in and I have SWR .308 can already. Do they suppress very well at all? Can you get an adaptor for my can which is 5/8x24?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have heard of it being done but never witnessed it.The general concensus that I have gathered is dont use subsonic ammo in a fluted chamber.We have shot numerous rounds through a 33 with standard ammo using a Gemtech Halo with no problems.I just am not familiar with teh 308 yet.Although I do have a new 308 suppressor for bolt rifle action.This will be an interesting thread to watch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thread mounted Can on a 91

I emailed TROS yesterday about availability of 5/8 x24 to 15x1 adaptor.
He responded that the 91/G3 threads lacked a square shoulder to seat
against, and he no longer produced them for that reason.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i have a YHM can. for my Hk21 and Hk91
the adaptor fits the gun just fine 15x1.then. the can spins onto the adaptor.

full auto rated. looks good and works just fine will run more belts in it as soon as i get more time.

just wish they would have made it longer to cover up the fluts on the bbl. i think it would have looked better.

email me for some photos..ill send you some to post.

Duke

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I use a Gemtech HVT on my 91/G3. It works fine in semi or select fire. I don't use subsonic ammo with it.

I have the same issue as BIGDUKE60, I wish that the mount covered the flutes as well. It uses the bi-lock mount flash hider (Gemtech uses the same bilock mount for HK 91 and 93 series - inner diameter is same as the 91 flash hider).

Not the best picture (cropped from a larger picture), but you can get a sense of how the hider looks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts