HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all sorts of rails for the receivers of Hk rifles......who has the best piece, or best for the buck?? It must stay in place. I don't really care who makes it, as long as it's a good fitting/usable piece. Any longer rails available?? Thanks, Happy New Year!! Mike/MMissile

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I have the MFI low which I really like, though I don't think I'd ever use a heavy optic with it, the B&T G3 long seems to be the most sturdy and you can get them at DSA, I have the Mp5 B&T mount and it's really nice too.

JFK makes a weldable low rail too if you want other than a clamp on.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm planning on using a 6X Elcan, so it'll need to have some strength.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mike, I had a claw mount with rail on my 91. I ended up swaping it for a claw mount with integrated rings & inserts, I like it better.

The claw mounts R&R easily and go to zero when replaced, it allows use of the Iron sites too.

I see all sorts of rails for the receivers of Hk rifles......who has the best piece, or best for the buck?? It must stay in place. I don't really care who makes it, as long as it's a good fitting/usable piece. Any longer rails available?? Thanks, Happy New Year!! Mike/MMissile

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Mike, I had a claw mount with rail on my 91. I ended up swaping it for a claw mount with integrated rings & inserts, I like it better.

The claw mounts R&R easily and go to zero when replaced, it allows use of the Iron sites too.
Myself had to go with one of the stocks for a scope (PSG1, MSG90, SG1) when I used a claw mount with a scope, besides the stock a good HK claw mount worked fine. Note the raised stock more or less eliminates the use of iron sights ... at least with the stock raised.

For the smaller HK's (i.e. MP5, HK53) which I am using low power or red dot sights, like the B&T mount (co-witness if possible) the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts