HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any HK gunsmiths know if my P7M13 can handle +P+ factory ammunition without the chance of chamber damage?

Thanks?

·
Registered
620 Posts
It will take it. Just don't make a habit of shooting it all the time in the pistol. It wears out the weapon faster than the normal stuff. I have shot it through mine and it works just sweet and acurate.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Nice to see HK's getting used, but I'd be too much of a wuss to feed +p if I had an m13, lol.

·
Registered
620 Posts
They are made to be used. If they were not made to be used they would sell you a picture.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
I think this all depends on the type of ammo. Modern day commercial 9mm +P+, such as the Winchester Ranger 127gr. +P+, should be okay in limited use.

However, any older European manufactured 9mm +P+ designed for use in sub-machine guns I would be wary of using in a P7M13.

There is also the factor of limiting returns to consider here, that is, at which point does muzzle rise, recoil, and wear and tear on the pistol using +P+ ammo become no longer worth it over +P or standard pressure ammo. Ask yourself how much performance you will actually gain by using +P+ ammo in your handgun.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to thank everyone for their input. I'll stick with the Remington golden saber +P in 124gr. I shoot M882 and NATO ammo at the range when I do take her (my M13) out on a date!

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
There is also the factor of limiting returns to consider here, that is, at which point does muzzle rise, recoil, and wear and tear on the pistol using +P+ ammo become no longer worth it over +P or standard pressure ammo. Ask yourself how much performance you will actually gain by using +P+ ammo in your handgun.
this.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
In a case where one would be using ++ ammo I don't think he going to give a **** about wear and tear on the pistol. The only concern will be 1) will it work and 2) will those rounds do their job when they hit the target. It's a gun, made of steel, use it. Who around here is silly enough to use or has a bank account big enough to afford a diet of all ++ ammo anyway?

Fire a couple mags to be sure it functions with the round you choose, carry those rounds, used cheap stuff for range practice. No big deal. Just stay away from 147gr.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i agree with the others to function test enough for reliability if it's what you want for SD and practise with something else(although i do place a certain amount of importance in carry ammo having similar POA,POI and felt recoil to my practise ammo).

also remember the higher gas pressures will apply more force to the piston keeping the barrel/slide locked until the pressure has dropped,so from a functional POV,it should be fine. that's part of the beauty of the design,it's not a browning type system,although those can deal with it too but differently.

i don't put any of that stuff through my p7m8 though,i place the choice of HP bullet designs as more important than charge/power/energy factors . it's loaded with hst and standard pressure at that.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
. Ask yourself how much performance you will actually gain by using +P+ ammo in your handgun.
About 75-150fps, depending on brand.

Using 9mm+P+ basically takes 9mm to 110gr .357 magnum power levels.

To me, it's worth it.

BTW: M882 9mm NATO is well north of +P pressure. IMO 9mm+P+ is perfectly safe for use in a P7.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
In a case where one would be using ++ ammo I don't think he going to give a **** about wear and tear on the pistol. The only concern will be 1) will it work and 2) will those rounds do their job when they hit the target. It's a gun, made of steel, use it. Who around here is silly enough to use or has a bank account big enough to afford a diet of all ++ ammo anyway?

Fire a couple mags to be sure it functions with the round you choose, carry those rounds, used cheap stuff for range practice. No big deal. Just stay away from 147gr.
^^^ THIS ^^^

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have shot, in fact just did on last Wednesday Remington 9mm+P, Winchester 127gr +P and Corbon +P out of my P7M13 without an issue. One mag of each. Oh yeah just remembered there was a power ball +P I shot too. They were all very accurate out of the gun. Love this gun. Nothing better out there. Too bad it won't be available any more. We who have one will never wonder what they shoot like and those who don't will never know what they are missing. I personally am partial to all steel guns and the M13 is one hellava pistol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts