HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about converting my 93/33 host to a 53 host............. Is it worth the conversion? How does the recoil compare between the two? Muzzle blast? Full auto control? Last but not least how is the "feel" of the 53 over the 33? For better or for worse?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Never shot a 93, but I do think there is a noticeable differnce between say a 53 and an AR. Actually, I like the feel of the 53 compared to the AR, but I do enjoy recoil :)

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
repins05 said:
I am thinking about converting my 93/33 host to a 53 host............. Is it worth the conversion? How does the recoil compare between the two? Muzzle blast? Full auto control? Last but not least how is the "feel" of the 53 over the 33? For better or for worse?
Lot more muzzle blast with the 53, which for some is a good thing ;-).

The feel is totally different and actually the guns are totally different. My recommendation is one really needs both a 53 and a 93 (if you only have one get the 33K)..

Regards
John

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
The biggest difference to me is the handling characteristics. The 33 is definately a rifle... The 53 handles much like the MP5, but with a louder report, and a bit more recoil. The 33 actually kicks harder than the 53, because much of the powder burns outside the barrel on the 53.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree with the other posters here that they are a very different and unique experience to shoot both, so would recommend that you find someone with each in your home state and give them a shot yourself.

The '53 is the perfect size for a compact, concealable, powerful rifle in a small package, and as such, I think it bodes well with an A3 stock. Comparatively, the 33 just feels better with a heavier rear stock for stability, and with the longer barrel is best suited for longer range shooting. For these reasons, I've equipped mine as follows;

Given that you may be losing one to build the other ('93 to '53), I would be very sure of what you want, since buying another '93 to replace your long gun would be an expensive proposition, especially given today's prices. HTH,

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
As far as recoil goes, no, I can't feel the difference. I might be able to if I shot one and then the other immediately after, but I haven't. Besides, a 5.56 has such low recoil anyways. My UMP has more recoil than either of the .223 rifles.

One nice thing about using a real 93 (if you want a 53, that is) is that much of the price of the conversion can almost be paid for by selling the 93 parts, which will get $800 or so.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
As far as recoil goes, no, I can't feel the difference. I might be able to if I shot one and then the other immediately after, but I haven't. Besides, a 5.56 has such low recoil anyways. My UMP has more recoil than either of the .223 rifles.

One nice thing about using a real 93 (if you want a 53, that is) is that much of the price of the conversion can almost be paid for by selling the 93 parts, which will get $800 or so.
It took you over 2 years to respond to this? Youre the man!

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Sandbagging is what we call it when a brand new poster starts replying to large numbers of posts with one or two word comments that nothing to the discussion like "nice" or "thanks for the info" when they didn't ask a question, or the worst offenders, replies like "that's #5 for me" followed by "here's #6" in order to jack up their post count to get around the 30 post minimum to sell. Most get the hint after their meaningless posts are deleted. Some get belligerent about it and get banned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts