HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are current, new USP fullsize mags marked "Law Enforcement Only"?

Just curious....
Thanks, Tom

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
The 9mm ones are (For fullsize USPs). Not sure about the other ones.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. I have confirmed this through some others as well.

Are early "unmarked" new hi caps worth a premium? Some with out LEO markings or date codes?

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
131 Posts
My two newest MK23 mags that came with my AH dated MK23 had "made in germany" on them, no LEO markings.

Since they now share the same bodies with the USP.45 mags, one could assume that USP .45 mags are marked that way too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Unmarked magazines are only more "valuable" to people in states that still have a ban. My policy is simple- any unmarked magazines I have are for sale to anyone in a ban state for the price of what it would cost me to replace it.

Jacking up the price is kind of a bitch slap to those less fortunate.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Unmarked magazines are only more "valuable" to people in states that still have a ban.
I used to think that too. However, I think it goes beyond that. Folks don't want to get hassled by LEO today in "free" states and are concerned about LEO hassles if there are future bans.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am pretty sure that they have slowly stopped putting the LEO markings on the metal bodied mags (all of them). They were probably laser etched on after manufacture (?). I don't know. On the plastic mags, do you think they had to change the mold? Is that why they're still there? (Although, "grey market" during the ban mags had no LEO marking. Strange.).

As far as "bitch slapping" anyone...well, were we not all "bitch slapped" from 1994-2004?? Sucks.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
I am pretty sure that they have slowly stopped putting the LEO markings on the metal bodied mags (all of them). They were probably laser etched on after manufacture (?). I don't know. On the plastic mags, do you think they had to change the mold? Is that why they're still there? (Although, "grey market" during the ban mags had no LEO marking. Strange.).

As far as "bitch slapping" anyone...well, were we not all "bitch slapped" from 1994-2004?? Sucks.
We were "bitch-slapped" in '86, pounded in the rear in '94. Now we are all stocking up on astroglide for the next election!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently purchased some USPf40 mags that were Gov/LEO marked. I don't really care what is wrote on them so long as they feed reliably. :62:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MA as well.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
My AE coded USPc 40 has Law Enforcement Use only marked on both mags that came with it. Glad I don't live in California anymore:13:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts