HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am familiar with the back story (they were held up in customs and had to comply with the 1989 AWB) on these guns. What I want to know is do they have a threaded barrel? I have seen some with a shroud pined over the barrel and some without; it makes me think they were removed. Anyone got any first hand knowledge? Thanks!

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I am familiar with the back story (they were held up in customs and had to comply with the 1989 AWB) on these guns. What I want to know is do they have a threaded barrel? I have seen some with a shroud pined over the barrel and some without; it makes me think they were removed. Anyone got any first hand knowledge? Thanks!
I don't know about first hand knowledge, but the 911s had standard (threaded) 91 barrels, which were then covered by a pinned-on shroud. There was a period of time where you could legally change over the stocks and expose the threads on the barrel, but that time passed decades ago...unless you swap the required number of American made parts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, that is what I wanted to confirm. I assumed they were all standard barrels with threads and had a shroud pined over them, but didn't know for sure. I knew you would have to comply with 922r if you decided to remove it. Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ok, that is what I wanted to confirm. I assumed they were all standard barrels with threads and had a shroud pined over them, but didn't know for sure. I knew you would have to comply with 922r if you decided to remove it. Thanks!
They do have threaded muzzles, covered under a pinned and welded shroud for compliance, which can be removed relatively easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts