HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK… so I’m in New Zealand, which is a great country (kinda like a scaled down version of the States really), but it really sucks when you want to export gun parts from the States to NZ. ‘Cause let’s be honest… you Americans have all the fun stuff!

Over the last 10-15 years, bringing parts into NZ from the States has gone from being pretty straight forward to downright ridiculous. Maybe you guys can get Trump to sort this out??

Anyway… I’m looking to purchase a trigger housing for my HK93 from RTG Parts for $89.95. This is the easy part. Now I need to figure out how to export it from the States without paying an arm and a leg for it

I’m no expert, but my understanding is that the housing falls within the $100 small parts exemption under the CFR, so it doesn’t require an export licence? Does any know for sure if this is the case and how it works?

In any case, does anybody here know someone that does this sort of stuff without having to mortgage the homestead?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Yours

A gunbrother from downunder

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
People misunderstand how that $100 exemption from ITAR regs works. Mainly because they never actually read it, they just went with, "Oh, under $100 is exempt."

Simply put, there is no "blanket" $100 exemption. There is a $100 exemption, but it's for entities already licensed to do ITAR exports with DoS, and it's an exemption only from filing a Form DSP-5 (application for export license) even such entities are still required to notify DoS that they are going to use that exemption for any given shipment. Think of it as an abbreviated level of paperwork.

I'm ITAR licensed. I do business with HKParts.net all the time. Drop me a PM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.