HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello just picked up a nice H&K93A2 1975 mfg. Can someone tell me if the forearm should have a date code? What should the barrel be marked? What finish would be correct for this year? I see a date on the end of the butt stock. Is the dust cap under the front sight aluminum or steel? I believe this may have been replace after losing the original one. What is the chance of finding a replacement? This 93 does have a 1974 bolt carrier, I don't see a code date on the bolt but has some letter/letters. It came with a aluminum I believe 20rd magazine, I don't see any mfg code or any think else. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Great Site!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I have a 1974 HK93. Clor would be black, forearm slim style, 20 round aluminum magazine and I will have to check on the barrel date code. Mine has been factory rebarrel and refinished for some unknown reason. Tony (AGG) had no idea about the coding on my barrel either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HK556WI,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I checked my barrel it is stamped "HKB", the forearm is the wide one but looks a little different than my 1980 mfg. It looks like the later forearm was re-inforced around where the pin goes through. The bold only has a letter with the carrier stamped(buffered) 7/1974. The A2 stock has the rubber pad riveted. Does you 20 rd aluminum magazine have a code date I can see one on mine.

Again, thanks for you're reply.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello HK556WI,

I have another observation my locking piece is marked #3 instead of #7 like my 1980 mfg. I checked the bold gap it is exactly the same as my later rifle .30-.35 mm.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
In addition to HK556WI, I will try to answer your queries: :biggrin:

Forearm--- should have a date code (e.g., X/X/75)
Barrel marking--- ?
Finish--- black
Dust cap--- aluminum
Bolt carrier--- should be marked (e.g., HK 9/74)

PM to you. :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I took some pictures of my 1976 HK93 for comparison. Finish is black, there should be no date codes on the forearm, it should have the older non-buffered stock with a month and year stamped on the butt pad. Mine came with a #7 LP and there are minimal markings/proof marks on the barrel and bolt. Aluminum dust cap and my rifle came with (3) 25 round magazines, (2) 30 round mags, and (2) 40 round mags, so I'm not sure what would have been standard issue from the factory

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have a 1974 HK93. Clor would be black, forearm slim style, 20 round aluminum magazine and I will have to check on the barrel date code. Mine has been factory rebarrel and refinished for some unknown reason. Tony (AGG) had no idea about the coding on my barrel either.
Those aluminum 20 rounders are a tough find.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
I took some pictures of my 1976 HK93 for comparison. Finish is black, there should be no date codes on the forearm, it should have the older non-buffered stock with a month and year stamped on the butt pad. Mine came with a #7 LP and there are minimal markings/proof marks on the barrel and bolt. Aluminum dust cap and my rifle came with (3) 25 round magazines, (2) 30 round mags, and (2) 40 round mags, so I'm not sure what would have been standard issue from the factory

Did you check the inside of the forearm (e.g., 1/6/76)??? :biggrin:
Are there any letters on the barrel? :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Did you check the inside of the forearm (e.g., 1/6/76)??? :biggrin:
Are there any letters on the barrel? :wink:

Tony
No markings inside or outside that I can see on the forearm. There's a German eagle proof mark and another marking that posted a pic of, but I can't tell what it is.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Locking piece is correct for that time period. Mine is marked 19/74. Same barrel and dated bolt carrier as yours. While yours looks to be blue/gray. Mine is black. The cocking tube cap is also correct. Also I had to replace the cocking handle. First time I slapped the handle down after cleaning it. It cracked. Mine had not been fired in close to 35 years when I bought it and the .22 cal kit together. The 80yr old guy I bought it from said he put less than 200 rounds thru it and never used the kit. The bolt head was gummed to the bolt carrier. Had to set it in the ultra sonic tank for 5 minutes with heat to loosen it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took some of the pics with a flash it might have distorted the color a little, it is definitely darker than my 1980 mfg. I'm really glad to hear the cocking tube cap is correct...I though it was a replacement. I wanted to ask does your 20 round aluminum have a code date? I can't fine any on mine. Thanks for the replies it has been a great help!

·
Banned
34,552 Posts

PM received--- thanks--- PM to you!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my 93 in 1976 for $325.00. It was black, the receiver is mark SACO and HG 1976. The bolt has the eagle over "N" and BW on the flange. I added +2 rollers a couple of years ago. LP is #7. The buffered bolt carrier is undated. The steel 25 round mags. I have are coded HJ. I long ago replaced the FCG with a PSG1 group and added a SG1 buttstock. Over the years I have gotten quite a few accessories for both the 93 and the 91 because the distributors used to force a lot of accessories onto the dealers when they bought rifles. A lot of this didn't sell and went for reduced prices after the rifles were gone.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I bought my 93 in 1976 for $325.00. It was black, the receiver is mark SACO and HG 1976. The bolt has the eagle over "N" and BW on the flange. I added +2 rollers a couple of years ago. LP is #7. The buffered bolt carrier is undated. The steel 25 round mags. I have are coded HJ. I long ago replaced the FCG with a PSG1 group and added a SG1 buttstock. Over the years I have gotten quite a few accessories for both the 93 and the 91 because the distributors used to force a lot of accessories onto the dealers when they bought rifles. A lot of this didn't sell and went for reduced prices after the rifles were gone.
I'm curious how your barrel is marked. my 1976 only has the eagle over "N" stamp and another light stamp that I can't quite make out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just before the receiver I also have the "N". There is also what looks like the number 1 and a very small "F". The "N" is about in the 1 o'clock position and the other 2 figures are at about 2:30. I don't see an eagle on the barrel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts