HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals I'm new to this board but have been around and have owned many H&K's but i'm still trying to figure out the model 4 i have one with numbers matching on the receiver and slide but not the barrel it also has a number matched box. then i have the 22 conversion matched numebrs on the box but not the barrel?
has anyone else run across this? were the barrels actually matched with the guns? any help would be great.
thanks

·
2,832 Posts
i'll have to look but some(most were marked Bund on trigger guard, those were 32/22) were # matching, I honestly can't remember if the barrels were or were not. chances are someone swaped out the 32 or another cal?

almost 100% sure I have a pair of HK4 with # same on frame, slide and barrel but will have to dig to find them(way way back of safe)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help landpimp!
this gun is saco import and is date coded HI 1971? if i can remember my date codes. s# is under the front of the frame and the slide is marked H&K.
what is bizzare is that i have both boxes numberd to the gun but can't figure out what barrel goes with it caliber wise with all three barrels not matching who knows.
but thanks again for the info and help so far.

·
2,832 Posts
HI=1978

so what calibers did it come with? all 4 or just 32 and 22?

any markings on the trigger guard?

Thanks for the help landpimp!
this gun is saco import and is date coded HI 1971? if i can remember my date codes. s# is under the front of the frame and the slide is marked H&K.
what is bizzare is that i have both boxes numberd to the gun but can't figure out what barrel goes with it caliber wise with all three barrels not matching who knows.
but thanks again for the info and help so far.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the date correction i get confused with sig and H&k with dates.
there are no markings on the trigger guard other than the date code and proof marks. no numbers at all.
i got the gun with the 32 caliber in it when i bought it. and it came with the 22 and 380 conversions. the box that the 380 came in is black where as the other two are more grey. out of all three barrels only 1 has a date code on it of HI as the gun is but that is the 22 conversion and it is in it's own box.
I'm thinking it was a 32 22 set but just confused why the numbers don't match. the gun is in about 95% condition.
thanks again

·
2,832 Posts
OK, dug thru my HK4's(5 of them I think)

found my IB dated 4 cal set, which has all the test targets, the targets are marked with the gun # and the barrel # and none of the 4 match. Also looked at my 1967 HK4(early gun) 4 cal set, again, none of the barrels are # the same as the frame/slide

so......cant promise yours are the way they shiped, but while the frame and slides # the same, the barrels apear not to be.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Landpimp that was very helpfull and thanks for taking the time to pull them out.
they are great little guns i once had the 4 barrel set and sold it kinda like when i was offered a bunch of money for my k3 in 380 lot's of regrets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts