HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a Uzi with a 40S&W and 10mm barrel but I was looking for maybe a quality 10mm HK clone to add to my collection. So if anyone here has any real world expierence with the product Vector makes please post them for me.

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,292 Posts
Vector Clone MP5 type guns...

These are good guns wonderdog...

Vector Arms VMP5 .9MM / .10 MM / .40 cal model...

Swap out the usual guts for the real deal HK parts...

The guns will work almost like a factory gun...

Just not the beauty of a factory one... :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
These are good guns wonderdog...

Vector Arms VMP5 .9MM / .10 MM / .40 cal model...

Swap out the usual guts for the real deal HK parts...

The guns will work almost like a factory gun...

Just not the beauty of a factory one... :)
just not the beauty??

the beauty of a clone is that I wont care when I burn out the barrel or get the usual handling scratches, or worst case, drop it.

although I will agree the real deal german guns are a beautiful thing, I would feel bad beating it up though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mp5-10

By swapping out the guts do you mean the whole trigger group,bolt and extractor ? I was looking at a USC conversion,but the price of the entire package was sort of a turn off.

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,292 Posts
MP5 Factory German Parts...

By swapping out the guts do you mean the whole trigger group,bolt and extractor ? I was looking at a USC conversion,but the price of the entire package was sort of a turn off.
Yep,

Especially if you decide to sear it...

HK factory German parts all the way...

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I have one, after two fix it trips it runs 100%, I am thinking about sending it IGF for some cosmetic over hauling. It's a very cool gun I also have a .40 made frome an MP5 .40 kit and american receiver, that gun has run 100% since day one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Cleaning up welds and getting the crappy pain off...

Speaking of making the clones look better, I just reworked a Coharie. Redressed all of the welds, parkerized and Duracoated it.
I do not know what in the hell they are putting on the damn things at Coharie but I will have to have a 40.00 dollar surcharge to do a refinish on one just due to the extra two hours(no joke) standing in front the bead blasting cabinet. The results were great but damn....One other item of interest are the barrels being used by Coharie. When dipped for parkerizing,every part took the Zinc Oxide coating except the barrel? Seems to have a very high stainless content. I have parked a few dozen AK's and handguns myself and my partner has done well over a thousand jobs and never seen anything but stainless react to solution this way. If I can get the pics of my phone I'll upload them for the Guru's to give their thoughts.
If anyone wants to get their clones updated to HK Nato Black of HK Blue/Gray we are now setup to do the full treatment. That would be completely removing the nasty original coating, retouching and welds for cosmetics if needed and then parking and Duracoating the weapon and any accessories desired. I have done about a dozen locally but we will be offering the service nationally now. We also have a fellow for Custom AK work that is incredible. He has done all of my barrel pressing and mill work. Cheap and fast. Something you do not see to often.
Here is a pic of my last clone that I did for myself on a whim. Very non traditional but then again so is a clone...

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Differnent but cool...

One of the few things I can say I appreciate about my CA94 is that they seem to have payed good attention to detail in regard to the welds.

This is one positive among quite a few downfalls...but for the price and and a little tinkering a good deal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You may also want to use a milder load also. The 10mm MP5 was designed for the "FBI Lite" loads and a steady diet of full-throttle 10mm ammo may cause some issues with the receiver and locking mechanism. Just my .02

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10mm clone rifle

I havent purchased one yet,I keep getting conflicting reports on the 10mm clones not being able to stand up to constant full power loads. I handload so that is a consideration. I did recently have one of my Uzi barrels converted to 9x25 Dillon and that is a real blast to shoot. Justimagine a 9mm 124gr bullet at 2400fps. Definetly not something you would to fire full auto without a compensator.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
they are very reliable weapons if you get the correct locking piece for the different power levels, they make 3 for low, med, and high power loads

and of course replace a few items with factory H&K parts (extractor spring etc..)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts