HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be town for a few days.

How's the Sportsman's Warehouse there?

Thanks from a AZ visitor! Man you guys got it good there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is an experience I had with them. Keep in mind I am 21. I posted this on another site.

"I went back again yesterday to the sporting goods store near my house. I had the intent to hold the HK P2000 and USP Compact once more and make my decision.
When I get to the gun counter I see that there are no P2000s on display. I asked the guy behind the counter if they had any more P2000s he said "I don't know what that is." I inform him it's an HK pistol. and he replies "I don't really care for those" Well good for you but I do. Then I ask him when they will get more in stock and he simply replies "I don't know." Didn't even attempt to find out for me.

I'm kind of annoyed at this point. Moving on I ask to see a USP Compact and he proceeds to hand me a full size model. After correcting him I have him bring out a 4" XD so I can compare the size since I own an XD.

As I'm handling the guns another sales clerk comes over and the two start chatting. They are sayin how it's been a slow day and they guy says "yeah a bunch of tire kickers"

I usually don't get bothered to bad about stuff like this but the more I thought about the more this irked me. I see the irony in the fact that the guy is giving terrible customer service and then complaining about people not buying anything.

I set the guns down and he put them back and just walked off. Didn't bother to ask if I had any other questions or wanted to see anything else. I'm thinking about complaining to the management. I know I'm a 21 year old kid with a backwards hat but come on. It's not like I was asking retarded questions"

To be fair though, the time before that a young woman helped me and she was more than helpfull. She also highly recommended the P2000 to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya gotta hate it when stores hire ig-no-ramuses to work at the gun counter. The SW in Lewisville TX, has always been good to me. Even as a outta state guy-who can't buy a pistol there.

Too bad more stores don't screen them gun counter clerks.

Guess minimum wage=minum effort...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Try diamondbacks off of Kolb. It is a police/gun store I like them alot

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do on the next visit! Thanks!

Back in the Land of the Lo-Caps!

Less bullets = less crime ya know:confused:

"There is no evidence that CCW reduce crime-if anything it increases it..." Our County Prosecutor in sworn testimony before the State Legislature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They are ok if you don't need to use their gunsmith. I purchased a set of Novak tritiums and had him install on a brand new Compact .45. Am I sorry. You can see light under the bottom of the dovetail and under the overhang over the frame. $152 + install and I am steaming. :18: I'll calm down and see if there are any competant smiths in Tucson.
If anyone knows of a real gunsmith in Tucson, info would be appreciated.
TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can try Murphy's. He's pretty good and has a good selection. Not too many HK's but he can get them. Usually the boys at Diamondback are top notch. I've been dealing with them for a few years, worked with a few of them at another one of Tucson's gun shops. Sorry to hear about their gunsmith, he's usually very good. He'll take care of it if you go back and talk to him. :)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your experience with their gunsmith he did a good job putting a set of nightsights on my P2000. I wonder if they changed gunsmiths or someting.

·
Registered
180 Posts
yeah Diamondback sells a lot of P2000 .40cals with night sights to Border Patrol agents. I'm surprised they botched that install.
and like another poster said Murphy's is good but the last time I checked they're not taking anymore work because they are really backed up.
and I like Sportsman's Warehouse.
I bought a P2000 9mm from them and a Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine AR-15. well maybe I don't like anyone that works there for any particular reason but I like their prices and they move a lot of stock so they always have "fresh" guns in the back that haven't been on display. I'd never pay upwards of a $1000 for a firearm that's been fingerbanged for the last 6 months by half a dozen customers everyday.
their ammo prices on certain rounds are decent too.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
I deal with all of them to some extent. I buy reloading components at SW, ammo at Diamondbacks, (and a used gun a year) but lately I make the rounds of Frontier gun shop, (I'v visited him twice a year since 1959 and he gets great deals on older stuff with a once in a while deal on a Sig or something he has taken in on trade) 2nd Ammendment (Jensons) then across the street a bit is the new Pima Pawn that is a nice Tactical store specalizing in black stuff. But the gun store with most of the goodies is a frirly new on on Broadway and near Pantano, Tucson Guns and Western Artifacts. Black section, anitque section, hunter section, more and more reloading components. Oh also Slash K on Ajo road roe re-laofing stuff. My suggeston to all, get into reloading.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have lived in Tucson for almost 15 years 12 of which I was a FLEO. Diamondbacks I find to be a little pricey. I found a small gunshop on Pima called Second Ammendment Sports and they are great. The have a good selection including silencers. And are very friendly. Just ask for Josh or Rhett. And they will take care of you.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Current LEO (CBP Officer) and my go-to gunshops in Tucson are Diamondback (mainly for ammo), Black Weapons (the owner, Tom and his staff are pros and their gunsmith is the best in Tucson) and Tucson Guns a little further down the road.

Second Ammendment Sports has a very large selection of new and used weapons and they have good prices on ammo too. THough personally, I picked up most of my used guns from, of all places; Pawn Shops, specially my HK45 (for under $900), they recently picked up an original HK94, which I am dying to get my hands on, even for the price they are selling it.

Is all a matter of shaking the bushes and something nice always falls out. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts