H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Found this on Gunbroker

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89929490

Opinions on price/max price? Plus he lives here in MI so I can get it w/o having to pay FFL fees.

Thanks!

An no one get into a bidding war with me! :)
Thanks for that one - I just bid $3,000 on it!

Just kidding. I bought one not too terribly long ago in about that condition for $2060 shipped. That one does look pretty clean and isn't scratched up too bad. Don't be surprised if it hits $2300-$2500.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Just kidding. I bought one not too terribly long ago in about that condition for $2060 shipped. That one does look pretty clean and isn't scratched up too bad. Don't be surprised if it hits $2300-$2500.
Ahahaha! Aways can count on you!

Cool, thx for the info.. I'm going to keep my eye on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
not to add insult to injury..but i paid $799 for mine in 1988..it cam with 1 5 rounder and 3 25 round mags...plus the stanag mount.(some kind of special hk package deal).that price was as steep as hell in 1988.(steyer aug's were more and outa reach for this unemplyeed college kid).especially considering i came home with several kfs ak47's for $189..sadly i tossed the box..i never imagined original HK boxes being worth anything more then the price of trash cardboard...you will like the 93..its a little heavy but other then that it will do its job and no i wont bid you up..

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wanna know what REALLY hurts? Back in 91 I almost bought an brand new PSG-1 complete in case with all accessories. But THIS unemployed college kid just bought an AR-15 and couldn't see caughing up the $3k for the PSG-1... $3k... $3k... $3k...

·
Registered
32 Posts
ahh the days of $299 ar15's and real colts to boot..the gunshop had the shelf behind the counter just filled with ar's..after i had the ak's and the hk i just could not settle for the ar...

·
Registered
390 Posts

I also think it will probably sell for $2300 - $2500 but you never know in this bad economy.

·
2,832 Posts
2000-2200 is about right for that 93, I would not pay more than 2K myself.

did find a nice IA dated 93 A3(correct blue/gray stock) local yesterday for $2500...for a local 93 thats not bad, but still more than I would pay unless it was a 1/7 gun

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2000-2200 is about right for that 93, I would not pay more than 2K myself.

did find a nice IA dated 93 A3(correct blue/gray stock) local yesterday for $2500...for a local 93 thats not bad, but still more than I would pay unless it was a 1/7 gun
Thanks Landpimp... you actually answered one of my other questions... are 1/7 guns valued higher.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Wanna know what REALLY hurts? Back in 91 I almost bought an brand new PSG-1 complete in case with all accessories. But THIS unemployed college kid just bought an AR-15 and couldn't see caughing up the $3k for the PSG-1... $3k... $3k... $3k...

Shoot, I couldn't even afford a nice NIB 91 for $600 in the 80's. :(

Anywhooo the 93's I've seen on GB go for about $2,200 - $2,500. Somewhere along the lines someone is going to jack up the price on you.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would say yes there is "some" premium for a 1/7 twist, not sure what though, I would pay $200-300 more I suppose
Ive got my eye one... "II" date code. I'd put the exterior at 90% and the internals at 80%. I offered the guy $2K. We'll see what he says.

·
Registered
32 Posts
$600 for an hk91..whoa...that was steep...$400 got you a nice real HK91 in 1984...add 50 bucks and you got the a3 stock.(mind you i brung home $100 bux a week back then)..i never cared for the hk91a3...just my personal opinion...shot it once..placed in box..nursed bad bruise and never again shot it....i know this is an hk board and i do love hk and consider them far superior to most others....but ive just had so much fun with my ak's over the years ive kinda switched gears...then again hk is like smiles per hour

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love Hk93's. Seems like a good deal, but I've noticed some things you might check into first:

The pics are really dark, so I don't know if the gun has been re-finished or not. This is an "IC" dated gun, which should be finished in the early "blue/gray" color. All the pics, except one, show it as "black". The one pic I refer to has it looking sort of "blue/gray". So, I'd check on that. If it is re-finished, it isn't worth quite as much as a factory paint job.

Next, I'd see (and ask to see) if there are any "scope mount scratches" on the receiver. Hard to tell by the dark photos.

If it's all factory paint, no scope mount scratches (or dents in the receiver-which is a major turn off at almost any price), then yeah, it's a pretty good price for this one.

For a "factory correct" 98-99% A2 Hk93, I'd say they are going for around $2,500 or so (depending on the seller).

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys... I'm holding off on this one. Going to hold off for a 1/7 gun.

The "II" gun I was looking at is date code mismatched everywhere an appears to have some internal corrosion. I offered him $1800 for it but have not heard back.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Date code "mis-match" is usually okay and not to be considered a "mis-match" like a matching (or un-matching) numbered gun is. These were put together at Hk with parts in the bins-made at different times. For instance, the bolt may have been made in '76 and the receiver made in '78. That would be considered okay. Just as long as the items aren't too far in date apart.

The "internal corrosion" might not be after all. If it's the copper colored stuff (usually around joints or maybe corners), it's some other substance that Hk used while assembly. Sometimes this stuff looks like corrosion, but really isn't.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Date code "mis-match" is usually okay and not to be considered a "mis-match" like a matching (or un-matching) numbered gun is. These were put together at Hk with parts in the bins-made at different times. For instance, the bolt may have been made in '76 and the receiver made in '78. That would be considered okay. Just as long as the items aren't too far in date apart.

The "internal corrosion" might not be after all. If it's the copper colored stuff (usually around joints or maybe corners), it's some other substance that Hk used while assembly. Sometimes this stuff looks like corrosion, but really isn't.
Thanks, I appreciate the insight. The "rust" looking stuff was all on one side of the bolt-head, not just corners and joints. He claims it's not pitted but without physically looking at it, who knows.

The date code mis-match is well more than 1 year or two. I know my "IC" 91 has "IB" internals. This 93 has some parts as early as IB and IC and the stock mount is the blue/grey color as verified by the "IC" date code on it. And I HIGHLY doubt HK would ship a black gun with bule/grey furniture. The bolthead itself is IG with might be ok, being only 2-years earlier.

In any event, I'm not taking any chances without physically seeing it as I don't want to end up with a $300-$500 project making it "right". Maybe $1800 was a bit low, but I'm not looking for a "market value" gun, I'm looking to get a "deal" on something, and I have time to wait.

Thanks, again!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts