HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming two HK93's in simliar condition, one being an eary model, IC date code with 1:12 twist and another late model, II date code with 1:7 twist.

Which would be more desirable? I know there were far less II imported than IC and the 1:7 twist will give me more versatility for ammo, but would the IC be more desirable because it's older?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
If you have a chance to buy the 1X7 and don't, please let me know who the seller is. I think that answered your question. Older don't matter as far as 93s go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't believe age really has anything to do with collectability. I believe it comes done to condition. I'd take the one in the best overall shape and the least internal wear.

I find my IB dated, 1:12 twist rate runs well with 48 to 62 grain, with 52 gr match being it's prefered. It will keyhole 77 gr @ 100 yards.

Sig556 with a 1:7 will shoot 55gr "okay", but really hit's it stride with the 62gr and will print really decent groups with 77gr.

If condition is equal, decide if you want to shoot heavier or lighter rounds and pick the one that fits your preference.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
My $0.02 there are two factors here:

1. Importation before the Federal AWB & following legislation and
2. the twist rate.

II 93 w/1:7 twist is going to be the more desireable one.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I was thinking the same thing but wanted some extra input :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts