HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about making a host out of my 91 into a HK21E. When I find one......how much should I expect to pay for a factory HK21E parts set? What would be a good deal? I have seen a few available over the last few months. Spendy....

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Thinking about making a host out of my 91 into a HK21E. When I find one......how much should I expect to pay for a factory HK21E parts set? What would be a good deal? I have seen a few available over the last few months. Spendy....
Spendy is an understatement.

for a complete 21e parts set which would be a demilled gun with all the parts correctly demilled so they can be used to assemble a transferable with 1 barrel, expect to pay around 15,000$
23e's prob a few k more. now thats what you should expect to see someone asking NOT what i would pay. i wouldent pay over 10k for a 21e (12k if its a demilled coastguard gun, they had more accy's) and 15k for a like new 23E, but thats just me. i was able to put a 21E together using american sheet metal and all german hard parts for around 12k. i have a cost break down posted here on hkpro i will track down and re post for you.

is your 91 a registered receiver machine gun with a swing down lower???? if so i would def. try to track down a complete 21E german kit. it makes it a very valuable investment. but if its a sear gun or a non swing down receiver your not going to be able to just throw the 21e parts on it and go i dont think the atf will allow it.

if its not a registered push pin gun i would go the american sheet metal, german hard part route. either Michaels machines or Belt fed inc. can supply the metal you need and do the build for you to make a title 1 semi auto that you can run a sear on it.

it all depends on the variables your playing with, what exactly do you have vs how much to you want to spend to change it to what you want.

(edit to add price break down)
HK21E COST / DAMAGE ASSESMENT

HK21E FEED MECHANISAM 2595$
HK21E 17.7" BARREL 1500$
HK21E COMPLETE BOLT GROUP 1600$
HK21E BARREL SHROUD ASSEMBLY 1750$
HK21E GRIP HANGER 135$
HK21E BURST TRIGGER GROUP 500$
HK21E RECEIVER RAILS 250$
HK21E BUTTSTOCK 430$
HK21E RECOIL SPRING 85$
HK21E CARRY HANDLE COMPL. 155$
HK21E SIGHT BASE TABS 200$
HK21E CHARGING HANDLE W/PIN AND SPRING 75$
HK21E COCKING SUPPORT 85$
HK21E Trunnion 300$
1200 meter 4th gen sight 400$ (gunbroker)
22inch 21E barrel 2000$

TOTAL 12600$,

Thats just for the core gun with 2 barrels a 17 and a 22" and its NOT including the receiver OR the labor to assemble it. i put my own together so i saved money there. also note that the prices listed are what I paid for my parts give or take a few dollars for shipping, tax etc... you may not be able to get the same deal on stuff.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt realize the 21e conversion eliminates all of the mag well area.

Also, thanks for the break down in parts!! Great reference. WOW adds up fast. I may go with a Michaels Machine rifle as it is not a registered receiver swing down.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Paul123

Just a quick question, is there a forward assist do-dad buried in one of the items in your list?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I didnt realize the 21e conversion eliminates all of the mag well area.

Also, thanks for the break down in parts!! Great reference. WOW adds up fast. I may go with a Michaels Machine rifle as it is not a registered receiver swing down.
Photo of my MM23eK (nominal same as full size rear of front few inches) in the white.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Paul123

Just a quick question, is there a forward assist do-dad buried in one of the items in your list?
your right i forgot about that one, i bought a Michaels machines one on gunbroker for 250$. that list is the edited one, the full one is much larger and MUCH more expensive. 13E parts arent cheap :)

repins05 here are a few pics of mine.

21E set up, pictured with 11E conversion

set up as a HK13E

1 - 7 of 7 Posts