HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was curious if anyone out there care to share their ways of creatively financing for a HK purchase.....

I found myself selling everything from guns to exercise equipment to finance for a HK rifle. It seems that I have sold everything possible that I would part with.....then a few months later I start selling the untouchable stuff that I said I would never part with.....

I cant be the only one out there.... need some stories of support.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I work for the power company year round and do roofing, painting on the side durring the slow(no overtime) months of summer.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
i work for general motors as a technician and am a field engineer for them also which sends me all over the western region, good benefits mediocre pay so i too sell the lesser guns to get an H&K the ONLY reason i have a credit card (besides a gas card) is for the cannot pass up deals that i have come across and i do alot of side work on cars during the slow months. pretty much anything i have (besides the H&K's) i'll sell to get another H&K except the heirlooms

i'v even done a defer payment on my mortgage to get an SL8

god help me if my wife finds out :)

i really think there should be some sort of H&K/debtors anonymous for people like us

·
Registered
421 Posts
i sold my custom Springfield Armory 1911 ''punisher'' LW Operator, a brand new Glock 21SF that was about 2weeks old, a custom Strider SMF knife, and put out $2000 cash for a HK416 upper w/ all the parts (except the 416 lower of course). i also sold my HK45CT (*my favorite gun) and my P2000 to pay for the HK45 fullsize & a P30 (both already paid for). the only thing worse then putting out all that money and selling almost all my guns...the DAMN WAITING GAME !!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I sold every gun part, old gun or any other thing I could do without just like everyone else and still needed more for my habit. For big purchases you may want to look into a HELOC (home equity line of credit) which allows you to get a "second" mortgage that you pay a different rate and never touch your primary loan. Most of the time it is interest only and adjustable rate, so I would suggest REALLY, REALLY wanting the item of choice or having the ability to pay it off in a short amount of time or it will come back to haunt you.

My work money is allocated to wife and child and I find if very hard to justify another firearm purchase nor do want to try, but I am often able to come up with 300-400 at a time, which gets me no where on HK stuff. I cannot fathom selling any other of my guns so I have also found for smaller purchases that I can take a high end weapon to the pawn shop and pawn it for a percentage of total value, which gets me into the range of a new aquisition. I pay off the pawn over time (shorter the better) and get my high end item back. This way I can use gun money for more guns and not part with anything, nor do I need to pull money from family checking to support an individual habit. At this point I keep a galil in the pawn shop, paid in full, so the next time I need a quick $1,500 I can walk in and get it without filling out forms each time. And I don't have to justify anything to anybody (except myself but I am a pushover)

Yes you pay interest, the longer you owe the more you pay, but the result is new gun in hand and modest payments to 3rd party lender who likes guns too.

Also we all know that an HK in hand is money in the bank, so you are truely investing, not spending. You could have a crack habit and spend the same amount of money and have nothing to show for it, but spending on quality firearms is like collecting gold - you can't loose. Just keep telling yourself that and it will all work out.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Investments and credit cards started my spiral to the dark side and now my home equity line of credit has taken on the brunt of my purchases lately but I need to stop now as the addiction is overwhelming. Last two purchases were a DOJ 94 and an HK11 and I thought my collection would be complete but now one of those German trade-in P7 PSP's are calling my name.

And I still have to find decently priced ammo to feed their hunger ugh it never ends this addiction.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
:37: I got T-Boned by a semi that ran a red light. Had to stay 5 days in the hospital. Got a huge settlement out of it. Thats how I afford HK's, and my new house.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Grrrr
1st it was one-of-a-kind guitars and vintage amps.

Then it was firearms in general which escalated to only collecting Military weapons.

My habit has progressed to HKs.

Last year I relocated the family to a very rural area which allows me to shoot every day, including a 350 yard range in the back yard.

Oh the hunger of the HKs, feeding them daily.

Sold older guitars and amps.
Sold older weapons that I no longer care for.

It helps that I have a wife who is a Lawyer and a shooter as well!

I love my wife dearly, but she is the main enabler to my addiction.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I would suggest borrowing money from a credit union to be better than using a credit card. The interest rate would probably be much lower.
Sometimes you have to sell off other items in your collection to raise the cash. Trading for what you want works out sometimes, too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am glad to see I am not the only one who buys a new gun or HK and has a little pucker factor. I am lucky that the job I have I can live off my salary and then get bonus checks each month. The months that I get really big bonus checks in the way of 4-5k I buy a higher end gun if possible. I also just picked up a PSP to add to my P7 collection. I also shoot trap, skeet and sporting clays along with IDPA and 3 gun. I find it more of a challenge to keep up with the ammo cost. I shoot around 20k clay targets a year and with the cost of ammo (even reloading isnt cheap) is a bitch. My main clay gun is a Krieghoff K80 worth a good 14k, talk about pucker factor lol, I still have 9 payments to go lol. I have all the HK pistols I want until the P30 and HK45 come out, but now I am starting to get the HK rifle addiction and really finding out how expensive HK really is. Oh well I cant take it with me so I might as well have toys I can enjoy while here.

Dave

·
Registered
335 Posts
Set up an LLC and take advantage of generous business credit lines. Yes, the money has to be paid back, but think about it, many may not agree but a lot of those that have responded or looked at this thread see HK guns as "investments". Many new CC offer 0% for the first 12 months and a low APR after so using these to invest on HK firearms don't sound too far fetched. The best thing is, the business owns the guns which offer some liability protection and if things go south, liquidating any assets tied to the business would not put your own personal finances in as much jeopardy. But what do I know, I'm not a financial guru, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night with my USPC under my pillow :D .

·
Registered
76 Posts
im a gigolo for women over 70, hey its a wide open field and good money !!, i also give blood, sell my sperm samples , return soda cans ( 10 cents each in Michigan ) and return scrap copper $1.50 a pound . I raid the change jar and put extra overtime on my time sheet at work . When i walk im always looking down towards the ground, found 3 bucks yesterday. While at work i check out the pricey neigborhoods on garbage day for things they throw out then resell them, damn rich people throw out like new stuff, especially those Ann Arbor rich college kids, its easier than taking it home. The only new cloths ive bought are socks and underwear and sometimes i wear my wifes. Well that covers just some of my "get gun secrets" i hope that maybe they"ll work for you too ! :20000000:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm an A/C mechanic so I do lots of side work.I give the wife her fair share but I rathole about $3000 a year.

·
Registered
216 Posts
1.15 GPA in college, second marriage and 4 years at a gun store.........oh, and I finally turned my mess of a life around and made my first fortune 2 years ago-32 years old was not to late.

Thank God HK's are legal unlike heroin, because I would be considered a junkie right now

·
Registered
138 Posts
I let my wife work to get me some extra money for my H&K-collection:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If only i were at ARFcom i could say what i want to :p

BTW right now i can only afford 1 HK (my mark23... and just about every non NFA accessory for it... scope mount, flash suppressor, and hopefully i'll have some adjustable target sights within a month or so, and a Fake can) I could easily afford a NIB HK 94 and a connversion, if the 9x series were legal in Canada :( (with the money i have put into this mark23)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts